Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:15 PM

55 posts, read 405,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDiva7 View Post
The only thing I do agree with, some of these comments, is that if you grew up in a bad neighborhood like I did (South Bronx, NY); don't bring ignorance and the same bad behaviors with you.
Good idea, but that's what happened to Palmdale/Lancaster. The "ghettoids" brought their ghetto with them, including the kids who think the middle of the street is the sidewalk so they can "challenge" cars and so on, driving out the people who stoke the economy with their tax dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDiva7 View Post
One day we will all be affected by something greater than ignorance, racism and just plain stupidity. All of this will seem nonsencical and we'll look back and wonder what was the point.
We already are. The seas are rising at a record place and Antarctica and Greenland, along with the Northern Polar Ice Cap, are melting at rates not seen in 50K years per ice core samples. At this rate, NYC, most of the LA Basin, downtown San Diego, all of New Orleans, Seattle and Portland, as well as all of Florida and the Gulf Coast could be under water in 30 years ("60 Minutes", last Sunday).

If the pattern holds out, then your investment up here will be worthwhile...since it won't be soggy! Otherwise, the time to get out was 2004, before the increases in crime that certain people don't want to believe exist. As far as "Yoyo" goes, he seems to think that a later news article somehow cancels out a previous one. That's called "spin." Since I don't live down there (and couldn't care less, except to warn people not to blow their money on a house there) I'll take my time finding the article...but I'll find it.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:38 PM

19 posts, read 137,981 times
Why the "Yoyo" comment? Resorting to personal attacks now? I guess I can sink to your level DeserTSlob. You are telling me that the LASD is now spinning figures? Did you bother to look at the links? I won't hold my breath on you taking your time to show this 100% increase in serious crime from 05 to 06? I think "I'll take my time" means if I wait long enough it will be forgotten about? Sounds more correct to me. Actually your global warming paranoia explains alot.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:27 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,838,848 times
This thread has outlived its useful life and is being closed.

Further discussions on Palmdale and Lancaster may of course be brought up in new threads specific to those questions, but should not deteriorate like this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California