Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:12 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
anyone who has spent any amount of time in the LA forum knows your reasons for leaving.

Well this failed twice already in the past 3 years, why the hell didn't you leave after the first time? Or SECOND time?

If you're child safety is important then you should me making sure she tells you everything and doesn't get an abortion, that's not the state govt's responsibility. Does the govt need to help you out with your parenting skills or something?
Where I live is none of your business and I don't owe you an explanation for why I live where I live.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:14 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
Doctors dont have deeper pockets. They have to pay lawyers. I have a cheap lawyer, my brother, who is more than happy to file suits for only the cost of filing, which is not much.
Unless you're a billionaire, yes they do have deeper pockets and that's why they pay insurance, to fight against frivolous lawsuits from the likes of you. Doesn't matter how much you're brother is willing to work for free b/c he'll be going up against a TEAM of lawyers, not just one, with both money and experience dealing with frivolous lawsuits. But please file your lawsuit and see what happens.....

Old 11-05-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Where I live is none of your business and I don't owe you an explanation for why I live where I live.

okay then maybe you shouldn't display where you live for everyone else to see or talk about where you live in a forum for where you live and post about why you want to leave on a PUBLIC forum. I never said you owed me an explanation and I don't care b/c I don't want to hear it, I've already read enough of your posts to know that anyways.

But I am still curious, why didn't you leave after this failed the first time?? Or Second time???

Old 11-05-2008, 04:32 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,241,506 times
Quote:
Unless you're a billionaire, yes they do have deeper pockets and that's why they pay insurance, to fight against frivolous lawsuits from the likes of you. Doesn't matter how much you're brother is willing to work for free b/c he'll be going up against a TEAM of lawyers, not just one, with both money and experience dealing with frivolous lawsuits. But please file your lawsuit and see what happens.....
A doctor has a team of lawyers? The only insurance that doctors carry is malpractice, errors and omissions. They dont carry insurance covering criminal conduct. And even in the cases involving insurance, insurance companies generally like to settle.
And only a brain dead leftist would consider child molestation a frivolous lawsuit. A minor, whose private parts are examined without parental consent or a court order for due cause is guilty of child molestation. Do you think any doctor wants to see that in the paper? They'd settle, news would spread, and doctors will request parental consent from thereafter.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
okay then maybe you shouldn't display where you live for everyone else to see or talk about where you live in a forum for where you live and post about why you want to leave on a PUBLIC forum. I never said you owed me an explanation and I don't care b/c I don't want to hear it, I've already read enough of your posts to know that anyways.

But I am still curious, why didn't you leave after this failed the first time?? Or Second time???

Not everybody can get up and leave a place they have lived for years. Jobs, school, family...it can take some time. Last place I left it took me about a year and a half to get up and go.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
A doctor has a team of lawyers? The only insurance that doctors carry is malpractice, errors and omissions. They dont carry insurance covering criminal conduct. And even in the cases involving insurance, insurance companies generally like to settle.
And only a brain dead leftist would consider child molestation a frivolous lawsuit. A minor, whose private parts are examined without parental consent or a court order for due cause is guilty of child molestation. Do you think any doctor wants to see that in the paper? They'd settle, news would spread, and doctors will request parental consent from thereafter.
The insurance pays for the lawyers just like car insurance does and insurance companies have A LOT of lawyers. And they probably will settle and that's what you really want, some money.

and only an uneducated Neanderthal conservative would interpret a doctor's exam as molestation.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Not everybody can get up and leave a place they have lived for years. Jobs, school, family...it can take some time. Last place I left it took me about a year and a half to get up and go.
that's nice, but that question wasn't directed at you now was it? I didn't ask why you left.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:38 PM

60 posts, read 245,803 times
Quote:
Nope. My concern is that a child does not have the judgement to find a competent doctor. That my child would not have me or my wife with her for what is a surgical procedure with real risks, emotionally, physically and mentally.
So then have a dicussion with child about learning to make intelligent, responsible decisions about her health. In this case, this means talking to her parents about making an informed decision.

I don't see how Prop 4 fixes this? If your child wouldn't come to you to begin with, a state-mandated letter isn't going to fix the fundamental problem.

Quote:
Does the child know if she has any allergies to medications that might be used in the procedure? The physician will not have access to the child's medical records because of privacy laws. How will he know the child's medical history? Has the child had numerous abortions previously?No competent doctor would trust a 12 year old to summarize her medical history.
I wouldn't trust most people to summarize anyone's medical history, their own, their children, or their loved ones. So if the medical issues are the concern, then it sounds like the doctor performing the operation needs to be given access to the appropriate medical records. Notifying bad parents doesn't necessarily mean the child gets better medical care.

I would question the competence of any parent whose 12 year old daughter seeks an abortion without guidance and advice from a trusted adult (parent, guardian, family member, etc). It doesn't necessarily mean the parents did something wrong, but it certainly raises a big red flag.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
The insurance pays for the lawyers just like car insurance does and insurance companies have A LOT of lawyers. And they probably will settle and that's what you really want, some money.

and only an uneducated Neanderthal conservative would interpret a doctor's exam as molestation.
Without parental consent that is exactly what it is.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Without parental consent that is exactly what it is.
only in your mind...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California