Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 PM

284 posts, read 1,016,743 times

Advertisements

I am in total shock that so many adults would be willing to give up parental rights, as evident by this prop passing! I mean, am I in the Twilight Zone here?!?!

Old 11-05-2008, 03:38 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,340 times
Any Doctor or medical facility or medical care provider touching my daughter without my consent will be sued in civil court as a given. I will also make criminal complaints for assault, child molestation, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, child abduction, kidnapping and anything else my shyster of a lawyer can come up with. I may not win but they will go broke defending themselves. My lawyer works cheap and would receive pleasure from these actions.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:41 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
Any Doctor or medical facility or medical care provider touching my daughter without my consent will be sued in civil court as a given. I will also make criminal complaints for assault, child molestation, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, child abduction, kidnapping and anything else my shyster of a lawyer can come up with. I may not win but they will go broke defending themselves. My lawyer works cheap and would receive pleasure from these actions.
I'd be willing to bet the medical profession has much DEEPER pockets than you. But go ahead and do that, it will be amusing....

Old 11-05-2008, 03:52 PM

60 posts, read 245,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I will never understand why people in the State of California are so against parents being parents to their children. Just because there are a very small minority of Parents who are abusive doesn't mean that responsible parent should be penalized.
Why is the child pregnant in the first place? Why is the child wanting to seek an abortion in the first place? I can't speak for the state of California, but I personally would like to know why parents are so against doing their job.

And how is a responsible parent being penalized? Wouldn't a responsible parent have an open and strong relationship with their child where this issue wouldn't even come up?

Sounds like the defeat of Prop 4 is another victory for LESS government meddling in our lives.

Quote:
The defeat of Prop 4 makes it easier for organizations with a political agenda to take advantage of a child when she needs people who love and care about her the most. It also makes it easier for predators to cover up evidence of sex with a minor.
Can you provide some statistics for this happening on California? (Statistics from out of state are irrelevant since state laws differ)

Maybe if this happened more frequently than children being forced to contend with abusive parents, I would agree. I see this as less of a problem than absusive parents.

How about a compromise? Redo Prop 4 and lets include some clauses to penalize negligent and abusive parents. Never see that on any of these parental notification props... wonder why?

Quote:
I'll be moving to a State that will support ME being a parent to my child as opposed to an organization that considers her as little more than a file.
If you're that afraid of your children having an abortion without your consent, maybe you should talk to them now before they get pregnant.

Edit: I do mean "knowledge" in the previous sentence, not "consent"--I do know Prop was about "notification"...

Last edited by jschek; 11-05-2008 at 04:41 PM..

Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM

Doctors dont have deeper pockets. They have to pay lawyers. I have a cheap lawyer, my brother, who is more than happy to file suits for only the cost of filing, which is not much.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:54 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You are amazed prop 4 failed (for the THIRD time in FOUR YEARS btw) and I'm amazed Prop 8 passed, same difference there.

But don't pretend you're leaving CA b/c of Prop 4, you were leaving already and the sooner the better. You will be moving to a state that ranks at the bottom for pretty much everything; education, health, etc... so good luck with all that.
Who told you my reasons for leaving California. FYI the reason I chose Arkansas is BECAUSE they have a parental notification laws. The first thing I researched when I started looking for a new home was teen abortion laws. The only reason I'm still in California was to see if the Prop would pass. Now that it hasn't, I will leave. My children's safety is very important to me. It's just a shame that other parents in California don't feel that way.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschek View Post

If you're that afraid of your children having an abortion without your consent, maybe you should talk to them now before they get pregnant.
Nope. My concern is that a child does not have the judgement to find a competent doctor. That my child would not have me or my wife with her for what is a surgical procedure with real risks, emotionally, physically and mentally.
Does the child know if she has any allergies to medications that might be used in the procedure? The physician will not have access to the child's medical records because of privacy laws. How will he know the child's medical history? Has the child had numerous abortions previously? Is the child mentally stable?
No competent doctor would trust a 12 year old to summarize her medical history.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:07 PM

202 posts, read 534,921 times
The government has no right to regulate communication between parents and children. Period. Regardless of reason.

Hopefully we won't have to say no to this initiative a fourth time in as many years.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:11 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Who told you my reasons for leaving California. FYI the reason I chose Arkansas is BECAUSE they have a parental notification laws. The first thing I researched when I started looking for a new home was teen abortion laws. The only reason I'm still in California was to see if the Prop would pass. Now that it hasn't, I will leave. My children's safety is very important to me. It's just a shame that other parents in California don't feel that way.
anyone who has spent any amount of time in the LA forum knows your reasons for leaving. "It's changed, I hate LA, I hate illegals, blah blah blah" Pretty much the same crap every LA malcontent spews...

Well this failed twice already in the past 3 years, why the hell didn't you leave after the first time? Or SECOND time?

If you're child safety is important then you should me making sure she tells you everything and doesn't get an abortion, that's not the state govt's responsibility. Does the govt need to help you out with your parenting skills or something?

Old 11-05-2008, 04:11 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
I'd love it if we did. Maybe some of the people who voted are misunderstood and thought the law was about consent rather than notification. Then I would feel safe raising my children in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California