Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2009, 10:47 PM

11 posts, read 30,917 times

Advertisements

My company is begining operations in Northern California & will be opening an office somewhere between San Francisco & San Jose. I am thinking of relocating but need help!

I am married and have 2 kids who are 6 & 8 and I am looking for a community with an EXCELLENT school district & has many other families. Would also love a strong community focus (farmers markets, great local restaurants & shops) and lots of parks for the kiddos.

We live in Washington state in a suburb just outside of Seattle (called Edmonds), & are looking for a similar kind of town.

BUT WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CALIFORNIA. Please help us!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 12:57 AM

100 posts, read 280,021 times
Where you'd like to live in the Bay Area would depend upon several things. Umm, there's quite a bit between San Francisco and San Jose, so could you be a bit more specific, or do you know yet? Plenty of nice places in the Bay Area with good school districts but it depends on where you can afford to live as well.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:32 AM

Looking for a reasonable priced area ;o)

Old 01-11-2009, 01:40 AM

69 posts, read 292,870 times
arent we all lol hope you get some answers

Old 01-11-2009, 03:14 PM

3,719 posts, read 14,670,100 times
Check out San Carlos, halfway between San Francisco and San Jose. It's a nice, safe middle class to upper middle class suburban town and has a nice downtown with many restaurants and a farmers market is held downtown every Thursday during the summer. The schools (White Oaks district) are very good.

You might want to post this in the San Francisco or San Jose forum.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:58 PM

Thanks everyone, keep the responses coming. On the flip slide of my question, are there any areas we should COMPLETELY AVOID? Areas with high crime rates, etc? THANKS!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 04:12 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,554,904 times
You will need to be a little more specific, otherwise you will get only assumptive anwsers.

Where the company will be located, and a budget will play HUGE on where you'll live. There are many great towns with good schools in the bay area. But with cost and traffic, they all won't make sense, depending on where you'll commute to.

For instance, Walnut Creek is a great town. If your job is in Redwood City, for example, that commute would be a living hell.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:14 PM

Initially I will have a home office, so I can really choose where I will want to live. We will be opening an office in between the San Francisco Airport & San Jose Airport, but not for a least a year. Looking for a house not greater than 900K. Thanks for all of your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California