U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:32 AM

26 posts, read 87,921 times

Advertisements

It looks like such a beautiful place. Does no one live there?

(And just for clarity I'm talking redding/eureka/cascades/redwoods northern, not sf/sac)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 AM

16,276 posts, read 28,943,581 times
many in the Santa Barbara County, Ventura County, San Lois Obispo County asked the same thing. What it comes down to is popularity of the area. Not that the Redding/Eureka/Cascades/Redwoods northern part of the state isn't popular. A lot of great people live up there. What I am talking about is popularity of the post's. How many come from that area? Some parts just end up getting bundled with another area even if they are not similar in thinking or geography. Another thing is the administrative side of things for City Data Forum. I can only imagine with the popularity of the site that many want the same as you, to have their part of the world represented within the forum. The powers that be do add forums from time to time. Maybe if you went to the administative area and posted in there you could find an answer or get the ball rolling. You can also type in the search section for posts about the area and find comments from others on the Northern part of the state.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 PM

57 posts, read 169,230 times
You mean The State of Jefferson? I'm here!! Yes it is beautiful. Much different place than most of those spoken about here.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 PM

4,273 posts, read 11,108,830 times
If you do a search there are several long-running threads that specialize in the Redding and Eureka areas. The longest one for Redding has over 100 posts in it, plus there are several other Redding threads. You can either post to one of them, or create your own thread with your own title under the main California section. If the C-D administration were going to add another subforum for California, they would want it to be at least as popular and active as the San Jose subforum. They would probably add forums for Fresno, Bakersfield, Santa Barbara, or San Luis Obispo, before they would do anything for Northern (the real northern!) California.

Or if you are really gung ho for a Northern California subforum, you could go through the California forum counting threads and posts, and if the numbers equal the volume of the San Jose subforum, you could make your case. I suggested the Inland Empire forum - twice - and the second time it happened.

PS: is a sub forum for a more NorCal than SF?

Old 01-12-2009, 03:02 PM

1,354 posts, read 5,976,660 times
I am in Lassen County.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:13 PM

1,648 posts, read 3,562,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilynmonroe View Post
It looks like such a beautiful place. Does no one live there?

(And just for clarity I'm talking redding/eureka/cascades/redwoods northern, not sf/sac)
Hi,

I am away feared that if you talking about the Northern California up near the Oregon border ( State of Jefferson) you will not have many comments.
It is not as densely populated and there are few jobs.

I am acquainted with the in Mt. Shasta area and it is very rural. It is very beautiful too but mainly a touristy location. Better for hunting, fishing and maybe a little farming.
It did have a large timber industry at one time but was eliminated with the environmental laws.

Nice place to have a retreat!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:05 AM

1,458 posts, read 5,534,113 times
If I were not 40 years acclimated to north Oregon, then northern California may be where I'd be living. Seems I've been outdoors in north CA hiking the past few years, much more often than anywhere else.

Attached Thumbnails
Where are the northern California posts?-redwood_700.jpg  

Old 01-13-2009, 08:46 AM

16,276 posts, read 28,943,581 times
Why do they call it the State of Jefferson?

Old 01-13-2009, 11:15 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,562,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Why do they call it the State of Jefferson?
At one time the residents located between Mt. Shasta and a part of southern Oregon
wanted to leave the U.S. and form their own country. I am not sure of the total geographic area. They were very self sufficient people that were fed up with govenment. Kinda like we all are now??

Old 01-13-2009, 11:34 AM

8,262 posts, read 17,083,296 times
The good folks in Northern California want to post but after they smoke some of Humboldts finest they always forget what they were going to say. So they raid the fridge instead and forget to come back to the computer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California