Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:25 PM

10,408 posts, read 2,599,101 times

Advertisements

I think Californians are going to be in big trouble ... You think the economy is bad now - just wait until all these taxes and extra fees take effect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 12:26 PM

563 posts, read 1,451,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What I love about the picture most of you paint here on the CA forum, is that "it is not like it used to be"...."so we are leaving"...

Well, maybe those of you who are leaving made it the way it sucks so bad today?

The good thing about scares and recession is that we find out who the pretenders are.
Yep...I made California suck so bad today...that's why I'm leaving.
Let's start with my business. We are honest, taxpaying citizens who charge a fair price for products and services. Pretty rotten of us, huh?
As neighbors - trustworthy, there to lend a hand to those in need, no matter what. I contribute to charities and animal rescues. Wow...really selfish on our part, don't you think?!
As a voter - I have always voted in a fiscally conservative manner...less government, less taxes, less waste. A lot of good that does against voters that believe everything they hear in big media and don't delve for answers or try to become more informed (you just may fall into that catagory, my friend). I am just totally evil!
Environmentally - Gee, let's see...I drive a 1981 VW Rabbit Diesel LS that spanks the hybrids for efficiency and I can run on renewable waste vegetable oil, getting 50 mpg. Gosh, that's really horrible! When we go to the desert to enjoy the trails, we obey the law by "treading lightly" and sticking to the path, so as not to disturb the fragile ecosystem. I don't litter, either. Terrible!
As a hunter/fisher - the fees, permits and licenses I buy pay for coservation and preservation of habitats and animals in the state. Just inexcuseable!
OK...ummm...I'm a legal US citizen...now that's novel! Bad, bad DezertGirl!
We're leaving because the state of the state is in the preverbial toilet and we would much rather exist in a kinder political environment. To be able to work for something and actually attain the dream. To give my sons something when I'm gone. To do some good for the community and be proud of it. And, in my case, have a business on land that is paid for completely within 5 years.
What's your excuse...pretender?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 PM

961 posts, read 2,568,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertGirl View Post
You should be freaked out! Why on God's green earth are you moving back here? Housing is still in a downward spiral, so whatever you buy will be worth less next month. Jobs are being cut back or eliminated. Want to build a new home? In Riverside County, try $10,000 - $30,000...for permits!
The weather is nice, but you should be more concerned with how humans have ruined it for everyone and everything...and not only via smog.
This is no game. It's the reality that California will cater to the very poor (welfare) and the very rich (special interests), so you, I, and everyone else here is getting screwed.
Businesses are leaving in droves. Colorado, among other states, is wooing businesses to their state, where they can actually make some money. And the businesses are listening. California just started a mail campaign to counter the flow...right! More tax dollars at work...
At least when you move here and pay the taxes, you will be contributing to OctoMom's way of life.
We plan to rent when we get there and wait out the market. We can't afford to buy anything right now anyway as we lost everything on our house sale in Santa Cruz last April. Which you would think would have left such a bitter taste in our mouths that we would have bid the state good riddance, but the fact of the matter is that California is our home. We lived there for 13 years and nothing compares to it for us. We tried to come back to the Midwest (near where we grew up), but it just isn't home. We know that CA is in a mess right now, but it will come out of this stronger than before. It is going to take some time though and we are realistic about that.

Don't even get me started on OctoMom!!! What a disaster. She is a very, very sick woman.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynetarzana View Post
Don't even get me started on OctoMom!!! What a disaster. She is a very, very sick woman.
LOL! I know...I agree!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:36 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,515,807 times
I have only been living here for 3 years, that's my excuse :P as an adult. My parents left here when I was 2 way back...

Quote:
Let's start with my business. We are honest, taxpaying citizens who charge a fair price for products and services. Pretty rotten of us, huh?
As neighbors - trustworthy, there to lend a hand to those in need, no matter what. I contribute to charities and animal rescues. Wow...really selfish on our part, don't you think?!
As a voter - I have always voted in a fiscally conservative manner...less government, less taxes, less waste. A lot of good that does against voters that believe everything they hear in big media and don't delve for answers or try to become more informed (you just may fall into that catagory, my friend). I am just totally evil!
Environmentally - Gee, let's see...I drive a 1981 VW Rabbit Diesel LS that spanks the hybrids for efficiency and I can run on renewable waste vegetable oil, getting 50 mpg. Gosh, that's really horrible! When we go to the desert to enjoy the trails, we obey the law by "treading lightly" and sticking to the path, so as not to disturb the fragile ecosystem. I don't litter, either. Terrible!
As a hunter/fisher - the fees, permits and licenses I buy pay for coservation and preservation of habitats and animals in the state. Just inexcuseable!
We're leaving because the state of the state is in the preverbial toilet and we would much rather exist in a kinder political environment. To be able to work for something and actually attain the dream. To give my sons something when I'm gone. To do some good for the community and be proud of it. And, in my case, have a business on land that is paid for completely within 5 years.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I have only been living here for 3 years, that's my excuse :P as an adult. My parents left here when I was 2 way back...

Did your parents make California suck?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,800,602 times
I hear Arkansas is quite welcoming....

Come on down.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:43 PM

656 posts, read 1,310,665 times
Quote:
What I love about the picture most of you paint here on the CA forum, is that "it is not like it used to be"...."so we are leaving"...

Well, maybe those of you who are leaving made it the way it sucks so bad today?

The good thing about scares and recession is that we find out who the pretenders are.
NO!!!! it's not the ones who are nostalgic of the old way of life in CA that have ruined it! it's the influx of illegals the over crowding of the schools. the hospitals that are closing due to illegals using the E.R. as their health plan. it's the bloodsuckers of CA who take and take that are ruining it. and then we get hit with a tax increase?? get real how much more are decent hardworking citizens suppose to take before they pack up and get the hell out?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:47 PM

656 posts, read 1,310,665 times
Quote:
exactly!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I hear Arkansas is quite welcoming....

Come on down.
Now c'mon, LiveTodayLez08. We know your opinion of Arkansas. LOL! I thought you were headed for Texas?
Any luck with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California