Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:33 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Sorry to pop your bubble, but the federal government is hugely responsible for the invasion of illegals. States alone cannot defend the borders against illegal immigration. Immigration and borders are reserved for the federal government to handle.
True. But the cities and counties encourage illegals by coddling them in the sanctuary cities and showing them how to apply for state/federal benefits and lobbying for more federal funds to provide for them. Cities like Los Angeles refuse to turn illegals in to ICE when they apprehend them. Legislators work to provide in state tuition rates to them, etc. The list goes on an on. Every time that LA-USC hospital goes near bankruptcy due to high use from illegal aliens, the COLA will beg borrow and steal from the FEds to continue funding that illegal alien magnet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,572 times
Jeff Miller said during his campaign that he would never vote to increase taxes. He said that time and time agin during the budget process. He said it on the J & K show a few weeks ago. He stood up in Sacramento and urged a "no vote" on the budget because of the increased taxes it contained. And when the budget was before the Assembly, he voted "no". Great move J & K-lets kick him out so the Democrats can have it easier for the next budget process with one less Republican who voted NO. Re-call the Republicans that voted "yes". J & K, you have your cross hairs on the wrong person !!

Last edited by retiredflash; 02-22-2009 at 03:18 PM..

Old 02-22-2009, 04:13 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredflash View Post
Jeff Miller said during his campaign that he would never vote to increase taxes...
Yes, but all the Republicans vowed they would never increase taxes. If nobody had broken the ranks then we would still be without any state budget. And let me remind you that 5-6 other Republicans joined Miller in voting for the new budget.

It was )*#&^($*&%+ing crazy to drink that Kool-Aid and then expect California to not be driven off a cliff!!!

If you want lower taxes go after some of those Democrats who want to tax and spend, tax and spend. Let's replace some Democratic congressmen with Republican congressmen That is where your efforts would be better spent.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,572 times
You say that 5 to 6 other Republicans joined Miller in voting for the budget. Boy have you got you facts wrong-
Miller voted AGAINST the budget !

Old 02-23-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredflash View Post
You say that 5 to 6 other Republicans joined Miller in voting for the budget. Boy have you got you facts wrong-
Miller voted AGAINST the budget !
Okay, I could be wrong. Why do John and Ken want to crucify Miller if he voted against the budget?

I've been keeping track of the numbers, but I haven't been keeping track of who voted which way. I had assumed that John and Ken took exception to the tax increase provisions of the new budget. Isn't that what this is all about?

Hey, I'm not a John and Ken fan. I've never once heard their show, and in fact I've never even heard of them before this topic. I'm assuming they have a radio talk show, probably in the morning. Am I right?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:37 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
KFI, afternoon drivetime show.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:13 AM

Okay, part right so far. Radio show. Afternoon not morning.

Political? I don't like political talk shows because they are so polarized and so polarizing.

So why do they want to "sacrifice" Jeff Miller?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Very political. I share their distaste for illegal immigration, but I just can't listen to them. Now that KLSX is playing teenybopper music, my radio dial will be flopping between KPCC and KPFK.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 AM

Hey, I too have an extreme distaste for illegal immigration, but I'm talked out and the forum doesn't want us discussing it anyway. Everybody either likes or dislikes it, but whatever it is nobody is going to do anything about it anytime soon, so we might just as well discuss the weather which nobody is also doing nothing about, but at least there's nobody to blame for the weather.

I've set my auto radio to KNX 1070 news so that it will be handy next time I get into congested traffic and start wondering if I should take an alternate route.

One of my favorite rock groups is Heart, and I've got an MP3 CD burned with all their albums, and I can generally listen to them sing all the time. In fact I can set my CD player to "shuffle" and get the equivalent of my own K-HEART all Heart music all the time and no commercials. Or I can put one of the other 10 MP3 CDs in for variety.

But I digress. If my assumption has been incorrect, then why do John and Ken want to sacrifice Jeff Miller?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:15 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
But I digress. If my assumption has been incorrect, then why do John and Ken want to sacrifice Jeff Miller?
They actually drew Jeff's name out of a hat. Out of 6 first-term assemblymen who J&K called out to support a motion to oust Republican assembly leader Mike Villines (sp?), it was Jeff's name they pulled out (none of the 6 responded to their call).

What makes it even more appropriate for Jeff Miller to be the one is that Villines (who voted FOR the tax increases) gave a job to Milller (don't remember what it is). In Miller's acceptance of this position, Miller proclaimed to be proud to be working with Villines to forward the "no more taxes" position.

I'm sure J&K have the info their website. ww.kfi640.com Click on John & Ken from that page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California