Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 09:02 AM

749 posts, read 1,789,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
I want normal and reasonable services. I dont want the state paying for the healthcare and education of illegal aliens. I dont want the state giving instate tuition to illegal aliens. I dont want the state paying for politicians junkets out of the state or country. I dont want the govt paying for bottled water for country supervisors who are too lazy to get off of their blackhead covering butts to drink tap water. Please feel free to add to this list.
I dont mind paying taxes that are used to provide expected govt services. Anything else is a crime.
Great Post! I agree 100%. When are the politicians going to wake up and see/do something about the reason California is being sucked dry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 10:59 AM

253 posts, read 1,131,165 times
Exclamation Lives in 2 States....

Hi:

I'm posting currently from NM where is the registration fee for my husband's car is $35.00.

HOWEVER, you get what you pay for and here in NM there are no:

1. Evenly paved roads
2. Storm drains so that street turn to rivers during a rainstorm
3. No reflective paint for roads & streets except in limited locations
4. No light reflectors on pavement, in fact, you know that you're in NM and passed out of AZ when the pavement reflectors stop
5. No call boxes whether on State highways or along the Interstates (if you break down, good luck with that because if you have no cell phone, or transmission is unavailable or spotty due to remoteness, you will just have to wait for NM State Police to eventually drive by)
6. There is a "Professional Services Fee" ie: Sales Tax) on all surgeon, doctor, dentist, orthodontist, attorney, etc consultations and services. Many people here go out of State for doctor and dentist treatment because the cost of the taxes is almost as costly as any insurance coverage.
7. Lax law enforcement - even the NM State Police use telemarketers in S. Carolina to raise funds for their Association. A radio station in Albuquerque has warned listeners that this is a scam operation.
8. The property taxes are low here, but as I've noted, you get what you pay for. A fair number of Texas people have moved to Anthony, NM (Anthony straddles the TX and NM border west of El Paso) in order to escape the high property taxes in TX - which is also known as "Taxes" instead of Texas by the locals.

Hint: Be aware that City Data is a hang out of real estate agents looking to cheerlead certain States in order to drive up home prices and sales data in that area. Typically, they trash Cali but pump another location. Take a look at their location, usually its NOT in CA.

~Cali-girl

Old 04-04-2009, 12:45 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Thanks to those greedy rat bastard politicians in sacramento our total vehicle registration will double as of 5-1-09.My total fees currently are $55.00 & now my tags will be $110.00.My car is 19 yrs old is this is just pathetic.When i first bought my car 6 yrs ago my tags were $41.00 & nearly every yr those sneeks at the dmv increased my fees.

A few yrs or so back a 5 yr drivers license was $15.00 & now its $27.00.I can honestly see why MANY residents of ca including john & ken of KFI am 640 in los angeles hate politicians especially the creeps in sacramento including the ex terminator/govenor arnold.I dont blame anyone for moving out of greedy california.
Yes you are right, This is just another good reason too move out of the pits of California.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:18 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
I want normal and reasonable services. I dont want the state paying for the healthcare and education of illegal aliens. I dont want the state giving instate tuition to illegal aliens. I dont want the state paying for politicians junkets out of the state or country. I dont want the govt paying for bottled water for country supervisors who are too lazy to get off of their blackhead covering butts to drink tap water. Please feel free to add to this list.
I dont mind paying taxes that are used to provide expected govt services. Anything else is a crime.
Very good post!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:48 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
My registration went up $19.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:35 PM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
I've got an F-250 to pull with, it went up over 600 a month. Bye bye truck.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've got an F-250 to pull with, it went up over 600 a month. Bye bye truck.
CA is especially hard on "Commercial" vehicles whether or not they are used commercially...

Old 10-22-2009, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,372 times
Quote:

yeah.... okay... no help for the illegal aliens whose domestic economies are affected by our ridiculous foreign policy... yet i bet you still want your hand picked strawberries for cheap huh? cant have both cheap workers and products without those hardworking immigrants! and thats the truth

Old 10-22-2009, 05:42 PM

302 posts, read 864,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
,,,and everyone wants services but no one wants to pay taxes.
Funny thing, we pay so many taxes but don't seem to benefit from too many of the services.

I guess the DMV registration thing explains why we pay $125-$200 + for our registrations. Smogs too sometimes. I hate it when that time of year rolls around. When I was traveling in the military I only had to pay $40 for a brand new car.

What struck me most about California's DMV is how they treat your registration when you move into state: they didn't care there was registration, smog, recency or anything else from another state. There had to be a new registration and smog with them, no exceptions.

This of course involves the title for a vehicle, so since the vehicle had both my husband's and his ex's name listed on the title, they said we couldn't register the vehicle without her permission and signature (she lives in Texas, btw). Mind you, we would be delinquent by the time that occured and tried explaining the technicality to them, but they didn't care. I swear, what did it matter as long as they got their damn money? We almost had to get a lawyer involved just to straighten this crap out. This was our first golden experience moving into CA.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:16 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw Sacramento View Post
Funny thing, we pay so many taxes but don't seem to benefit from too many of the services.

I guess the DMV registration thing explains why we pay $125-$200 + for our registrations. Smogs too sometimes. I hate it when that time of year rolls around. When I was traveling in the military I only had to pay $40 for a brand new car.

What struck me most about California's DMV is how they treat your registration when you move into state: they didn't care there was registration, smog, recency or anything else from another state. There had to be a new registration and smog with them, no exceptions.

This of course involves the title for a vehicle, so since the vehicle had both my husband's and his ex's name listed on the title, they said we couldn't register the vehicle without her permission and signature (she lives in Texas, btw). Mind you, we would be delinquent by the time that occured and tried explaining the technicality to them, but they didn't care. I swear, what did it matter as long as they got their damn money? We almost had to get a lawyer involved just to straighten this crap out. This was our first golden experience moving into CA.
DMV has always allowed me to post the fees in full and then I had extra time to complete the registration without being delinquent....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California