Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 03:00 PM

7 posts, read 28,777 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife and I are looking at homes for sale in Pittsburg. We have been told that the Oak Hills & California Seasons areas are nice and would be a good place to live but I wanted to see if anyone knew anything about California Seasons?

We live in SF now and are looking for a home to raise a family (yes I know Concord would be better but we get more home for the money in Pitt).

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 03:48 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,288,997 times
There's a reason why Pittsburg is cheap. It's very far from everything and has a pretty large amount of crime for a city it's size. A friend of mine lives in West Pittsburg (Bay Point) and got robbed at gunpoint IN HIS HOUSE.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Default What about the California Seasons area

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
There's a reason why Pittsburg is cheap. It's very far from everything and has a pretty large amount of crime for a city it's size. A friend of mine lives in West Pittsburg (Bay Point) and got robbed at gunpoint IN HIS HOUSE.
Every city has it's good areas and it's bad areas. I'm not looking at anything in Bay Point.

I grew up in SF across the street from the Velencia Gardens projects so I know what bad is.

I just want to know if this area I'm looking at is any good.
The Califorina Seasons is a gated community north east of the Bart station. Just North of Williow Pass Rd and Loftus Rd.

Again any info about this area would be helpful.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2009, 05:59 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,288,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare2356 View Post
Every city has it's good areas and it's bad areas. I'm not looking at anything in Bay Point.

I grew up in SF across the street from the Velencia Gardens projects so I know what bad is.

The Califorina Seasons is a gated community north east of the Bart station. Just North of Williow Pass Rd and Loftus Rd.

Thanks
Um ok that is Bay Point but go ahead and visit for yourself.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Um ok that is Bay Point but go ahead and visit for yourself.

We have been there and the area seemed nice but I've heard way to much crap about Bay Point, damn I thought that was more west.

Thanks, I'll keep looking.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:18 AM

15 posts, read 61,690 times
I don't know much about California Seasons, but my family and I moved to Oak Hills last June. We like it a lot, and we got much more of a house than we would have if we had bought in Concord, WC, or anything around there.

What we like about our home is that there's next to no crime in our neighborhood, we feel safe walking around at night, we got big a home less than 10 years old for a very good price, and there are lots of friendly people we meet as we walk around the neighborhood and when I take my kids to the park.

We're in Mt. Diablo school district, which gives us some options for school In addition to Delta View, we're considering Monte Gardens for our daughter when she gets to school age, since I work in that area.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-28-2009, 05:36 PM

16 posts, read 109,255 times
Default Pittsburg

Does anyone know anything about the Delta View school? We are also looking to move to this area, but have a small child and would like to know its safe. Is there an option to go to the Elementary school down the way in Conord? It is so tempting to move here, with the homes actually affordable for our family.

And in Response, Pittsburg is very gold and HOT in the summer. There is pretty much always traffic on Hwy 4, then a lot of stoplights and traffic through out Concord. So at peak hours it is a pain to get anywhere else...
It looks quite beautiful right now, all green!

I read that violent crime has dropped 75% in the last few years and 20% non violent crimes have dropped. That area is probably fairly safe, but it gets sketchy in other areas. There's a newish shopping area close by, and BART down the street. Baily Rd is kind of a nice stretch through the weapons place kind of rural looking.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 37,254 times
Quote:
That's Bay Point not pittsburg. there is no police department in Bay Point what do you expect?.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM

205 posts, read 211,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiocoyote View Post
That's Bay Point not pittsburg. there is no police department in Bay Point what do you expect?.
Bay Point used to be "West Pittsburg" it was only Bay Point in the last 10 years.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:47 AM

473 posts, read 1,702,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare2356 View Post

Thanks
California Seasons on Willow Pass Rd. used to be new but the area just outside the gate was hooker heaven, drug addicts and basically a third world country. If you drove down Willow Pass towards BP you would see all kinds of old buildings. But today they have built all new housing along willow pass on the railroad track side. North Broadway and Solano Ave. at Willow Pass always used to have shootings and 101 Bailey Rd. put West Pittsburg or Bay Point on the map as far as crime goes because all of the crime was there. All in all now things have been cleaned up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California