Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:47 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times

Advertisements

My car was totalled in a auto accident in jan.09 & i retained my salvage vehicle.The car runs good but the damages exceded the value of my car.If anyone has gone through this can you tell me how much the thieves at the DMV raped you for ? I do know i gotta re-register my car,get a brakes/light inspection,smog & pay all the outragious fees the lazy,rude dept of moron vehicles/ripoff state of ca require.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,303,611 times
It wasn't that bad for my salvaged car. But I was surprised at the inspections required.

By the way. NEVER tailgate an Audi, they will stop much faster than your car will

Old 03-03-2009, 04:12 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,876,449 times
Call or go down to the DMV, and they will answer all your questions. That saves a lot of time and trouble asking the same questions on CD..! The DMV has the correct answer, call them..!
And change your attitude. Yes the fees suck, but they are what they are, and you do get some benefits, like driving on nice roads....
California Department of Motor Vehicles
We all go through it, pay the fees and go on with your life...

Old 03-03-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Call or go down to the DMV, and they will answer all your questions. That saves a lot of time and trouble asking the same questions on CD..! The DMV has the correct answer, call them..!
And change your attitude. Yes the fees suck, but they are what they are, and you do get some benefits, like driving on nice roads....
ALOT of the roads in ca are crap especially in nasty San Bernardino.I did call the dmv & those rats had me on hold for 35 mins & then i got disconnected.You might like the dmv & the filthy politicians in sacramento but i dont.I may just go register my car in nevada or arizona.Its much cheaper plus no damn smog check.

I have friends in nv & az that will let me use their address.Why should i give the ripoff state of ca my hard earned money.I hope you understand that our registration tax,income tax & state sales tax is increasing in 2 months yet we are in a major recession & the unemployment rate in ca is 10.1% (1 out of every 10 people in ca are out of work).

My attitude is just like MANY (millions) others in ca that are frustrated with the lying idiots/cowards in sacramento.LISTEN to john & ken on KFI am640,los angeles from 3-7 pm,mon-sat.They have all the info & speak the truth.I used to really like ca but not anymore.Everything is so damn expensive & LOTS of rude people.Its kool that you love ca but i no longer do.If i could afford to move out of state i sure would.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 AM

28,114 posts, read 63,647,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post

I have friends in nv & az that will let me use their address.Why should i give the ripoff state of ca my hard earned money.I hope you understand that our registration tax,income tax & state sales tax is increasing in 2 months yet we are in a major recession & the unemployment rate in ca is 10.1% (1 out of every 10 people in ca are out of work).

The biggest reason to give the State of CA your hard earned money is because the penalties of getting caught are expensive...

California also makes it easy for someone to turn you in either by phone or through the DMV website... it's become a priority to collect from tax scofflaws

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 03-04-2009 at 10:43 AM..

Old 03-04-2009, 12:52 AM

[quote=Ultrarunner;7725448]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post

I have friends in nv & az that will let me use their address.Why should i give the ripoff state of ca my hard earned money.I hope you understand that our registration tax,income tax & state sales tax is increasing in 2 months yet we are in a major recession & the unemployment rate in ca is 10.1% (1 out of every 10 people in ca are out of work).QUOTE]

The biggest reason to give the State of CA your hard earned money is because the penalties of getting caught are expensive...

California also makes it easy for someone to turn you in either by phone or through the DMV website... it's become a priority to collect from tax scofflaws
Some yrs back i drove a car in ca that was registered in another state for 3 yrs.I sold it to a guy who drove it for another yr until the tags expired.I never had one problem with the cops & i drove all over so.ca.A few of my neighbors have out of state plates & i wont snitch on them.We are being screwed big time in ca & the dmv can sit on it & rotate.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,605,568 times
Actually you are just screwing the people who live in CA. By avoiding taxes and fees it gets picked up by the rest of us who do not whine.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:13 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Where can I find these "nice roads"?

Old 03-05-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
Good question.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 4,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
We are willing to pay but there is always a question. Why is it too much? Even you have all the receipts even you asked the DMV you will still wonderin why do i have to pay this much? You know the answer you just dont want to think of it .It is the legal highway robbery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California