Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times

Advertisements

Big talk, no action
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 10:38 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
not much!

Old 03-04-2009, 04:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Most of our friends and relatives are glad to have him over what they had before. Yes, he has been a disppointment as he is far from even the middle, and many were hoping he would to the right of middle, but as others have said, the state is just one big mess..

Nita

Old 03-04-2009, 06:27 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Most of our friends and relatives are glad to have him over what they had before. Yes, he has been a disppointment as he is far from even the middle, and many were hoping he would to the right of middle, but as others have said, the state is just one big mess..

Nita
So, when are you running for Governor of Arkansas?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
So, when are you running for Governor of Arkansas?
when you agree to run for Lt Govn.

Nita

ps, I was about the say, you get all over these boards as much as I do..

Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,543,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
If you gauge him on the platform he ran on, then he is a complete failure.
Who gauges by that anymore? Most people tend to give the benefit of the doubt simply because they voted for the person - they wouldn't want to think they might have voted for someone who isn't getting much done, or is making bad choices. So they chalk it up to it being someone else's fault the job isn't getting done. I saw that happen with Bush for almost 8 years with conservatives, and it will almost certainly happen with Obama among liberals.

Arnold said he was going to clean up the CA mess years ago and was going to get everyone working together. I remember those words clearly before we moved out of CA. I look at it now and it doesn't seem like he's been able to achieve anything close to what he said. And now a lot of people make it sound like the CA legislature is like the Gaza Strip - hopeless. So if Arny can't fix it nobody can, is that it? I wouldn't let him off that easy.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 AM

1,248 posts, read 3,508,090 times
The platform Arnold ran on in 2006 didn't factor in the financial crisis (as it hadn't happened yet). I can't really blame him for straying from it.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:34 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
The big hope for Arnold was that he would be able to control the legislature. Arnold is a moderate and the goal was that he could play man-in-the-middle against the left/right wingers. However once the financial crisis hit it proved that the legislature was much more extreme and out-of-touch than anyone thought. I think in the next election a lot of state legislators are going to find their careers coming to an end.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:38 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,273,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyenative01 View Post
The platform Arnold ran on in 2006 didn't factor in the financial crisis (as it hadn't happened yet). I can't really blame him for straying from it.
What about his entire FIRST term?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,543,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
What about his entire FIRST term?
Exactly. I was also referring to pre-financial crisis - though how long has it been since CA has not been in a financial crisis? It didn't appear Arnold was able to get both sides to the table even before the whole mortgage mess - which was what his whole first campaign was run on. Had he done that, there might have actually been some preventative action taken to soften the blow from this storm - or maybe some other progress would have been made on other fronts. It doesn't appear that he's broken any stalemates in the legislature the ENTIRE time he's been in office, let alone his second term. And isn't that the number one thing he promised to do? The second promise was fiscal responsibility... hmmm, strike 2?

I know he can't do it all on his own, but how is he being given a pass on the top things he said he was going to do? I was a little surprised he got reelected to be honest. I guess they all thought he might actually get around to those things eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California