Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you were given $300,000 for a home would you take it and move to TX or CA?
I would move to Texas 40 44.94%
I would move to California 28 31.46%
Neither 21 23.60%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:50 PM

77 posts, read 480,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUDFISH View Post
Problems with Texas-

No Beach
We got the gulf of Me-hi-ko

No Comparision in Mexican Food to California
Agree to that
No Mountains
We got hills besides mountains are hard on the engine and harder on the brakes when going down.
Humid Summers
Only on the gulf coast and Houston. Anywhere else is pretty dry.
MOSQUITOES!Yes on the gulf coast there are but not where I am at.

B]No Beach[/b]
We got the gulf of Me-hi-ko

Agree to that
No Mountains
We got hills besides mountains are hard on the engine and harder on the brakes when going down.
Humid Summers
Only on the gulf coast and Houston. Anywhere else is pretty dry.
MOSQUITOES!Yes on the gulf coast there are but not where I am at.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:54 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,130 times
WoW!! Looks like Texas is winning the poll!!

1,082 posts, read 3,779,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUDFISH View Post
Problems with Texas-

No Beach
No Mountains
Humid Summers
MOSQUITOES!
Depends where you are, if you are on the coast you have beaches in TX
There are hills, nice, but not mountains (don't do much boarding these days so that is okay by me).
Summers are not too bad North.
And mosquitoes are no worse than the coastal areas here in CA.

What I am looking forward to, is:
Less traffic
Room to spread out
Having neighbors an acre away instead a foot away
Tex-Mex food...I love it!!!

Again, to each his own
MBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Income tax in Texas $0.00

DMV fees, much lower, so is auto insurance, so are utilities. Most of your property taxes in Texas go to the schools, and therefore the schools are far better than California's.
Cost of living including all the property taxes in Texas way lower than Ca.

MBG
You got me there MBG. I enjoy a quality of life here in Texas that I could not have had in California.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:56 PM

Navshirereeve, we posted the same thing!!
MBG

Old 04-23-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navshirereeve View Post
You got me there MBG. I enjoy a quality of life here in Texas that I could not have had in California.
I am so looking forward to our move!! I just can't tell you.
I don't regret my time here in CA, not one bit, but it is time for a Beautiful Goodbye.
MBG

Old 04-23-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
I am so looking forward to our move!! I just can't tell you.
I don't regret my time here in CA, not one bit, but it is time for a Beautiful Goodbye.
MBG
When I lived in California, I never thought that in a million years that I would move to TX. But when the military transferred me to the east coast, once I retired we knew that we couldnt afford to go back to Ca

Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,151 times
With $300,000 you can still be able to buy a home in some parts of the Central Valley of CA,but in TX you can get a Larger Home and Property for that same amount.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:21 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Born and raised in Southern California all my life. We're looking to move out now. Sell our gorgeous home on acerage to some idiot that'll pay top dollar for it, buy a home on more acerage, paid in full and retire (and we're not even 40 yet).
Sorry, but having lived here all my life and seen morons accepting the higher prices California asks for everything, we're happy to leave. We also happen to LOVE the reputation Texas has.... the more Texans can perpetuate the myths, the better (means less people moving there)!
With the possibilities that are out there for us, you can keep the traffic, the nasty neighbors who's dog won't **** and they don't care, rude children who's parents think they're special just 'cuz they're breathing and we should all bow down when their kid enters a room (FWIW, your kids aren't special... they're just your kids.), houses so close you can hear everything going on next door, idiots who are willing to get into 10 yr. interest only loan to pay for a pathetic excuse for a house (great money management there folks!), a saturated job market, the nice air (that's a joke, BTW), the crime.....

This list could go on.

Sorry, but just because it doesn't rain much here doesn't accomodate for all the other crap that goes on here. It just means that when it does rain, the news will spend 20 minutes reporting on "Storm Watch" and then in a month you'll be rationing water due to a drought.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:27 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
I can fly out of Dallas and be anywhere in SoCal (depending on the airport) faster than Californians can drive from one to another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California