Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2007, 12:48 PM

19 posts, read 91,207 times

Advertisements

I'd like some information on both of these cities, too. The good, the bad and the ugly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 04:39 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,603,599 times
I like them both, Irvine is larger. Orange has a small city feel to it.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:43 PM

32 posts, read 207,451 times
During my first few years as a newleywed, I lived in an apartment in Orange. We loved it. Great "circle" which means there is a small town area that centers around a circle in the center of town. This was 7 years ago.

The apartment I lived in was off of Tustin and Katella. Lots of stuff to do surrounding. My girlfriend still lives in that city thou closer to Tustin and Lincoln. This is in a house. That neighborhood is a little nicer. However, that being said in the old town area there are several homes that are so small going for HUGE amounts of money.

Several neighborhoods have began to look rundown, thou not in Old Town. Great hospital - St. Josephs and CHOC (Children's Hospital Orange County) are just down the road.

Irvine is a young family and college town. Nice and very expensive. I do not know anything bad about Irvine. My husband went to college there at Concordia. Good luck with your decision!

Old 03-25-2007, 07:40 AM

989 posts, read 5,923,606 times
I love Orange, but Irvine is safer and closer to the beach.

Orange also has a much worse problem with illegal immigrants.. ..take a look at their Home Depot!

Old 03-25-2007, 05:48 PM

19 posts, read 91,207 times
Thanks for the information. They are both close to Foothill Ranch, where my husband might be working. I will look more into them. We'd like to find a home to rent... But not having much luck finding anything like that online, so far.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:30 PM

5 posts, read 14,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondrwmn View Post
During my first few years as a newleywed, I lived in an apartment in Orange. We loved it. Great "circle" which means there is a small town area that centers around a circle in the center of town. This was 7 years ago.

The apartment I lived in was off of Tustin and Katella. Lots of stuff to do surrounding. My girlfriend still lives in that city thou closer to Tustin and Lincoln. This is in a house. That neighborhood is a little nicer. However, that being said in the old town area there are several homes that are so small going for HUGE amounts of money.

Several neighborhoods have began to look rundown, thou not in Old Town. Great hospital - St. Josephs and CHOC (Children's Hospital Orange County) are just down the road.

Irvine is a young family and college town. Nice and very expensive. I do not know anything bad about Irvine. My husband went to college there at Concordia. Good luck with your decision!
Concordia! Great school. One of my daughters graduated from there, and now goes to Midwestern Unv. Arizona. She's in the PA program there. My other daughter is a Junior at Concordia now. I'm sooo proud of them.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:08 PM

101 posts, read 607,938 times
Well if you like Stepford Wives and big box cookie cutter chain syndrome then you will like Irvine. My friends and I call it Pleasantville from the film. But, hey, seems a lot of sheeple are into that sort of thing.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:42 PM

68 posts, read 247,029 times
I can describe Irvine with one word: beige.

I don't know too much about living in Orange, but it is older than Irvine so it has a little more charm in my opinion. Might be a little rougher than Irvine in some parts, but I am not certain of that.

But the traffic for both is ludicrous.

If your husband is working in Foothill Ranch, there should be plenty of homes (and likely apartment homes) there. I would look there. Rental houses are hard to come by here for some reason. Most people seem to purchase a home or rent an apartment. But if you must rent an apartment, I am sure there are plenty of nice, clean, new apartments around in both Foothill Ranch and Irvine (try the Quail Hill section of Irvine - the location will be good for commuting and it is nice and new, with stores, restaurants, and shops close by. It is near the Irvine Spectrum.).

Hope this helps. Good luck to you!

Old 09-02-2007, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 19,250 times
You might look in Tustin...it is in between...small town feel, more personality than Irvine, highly residential, good freeway access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California