Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:51 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
When are you "escaping"?

BTW you really don't need to "escape" a place that wants you to leave .

-1 California Whiner
+1 Denver (California Basher)
Oh, look another smug norcal'er who won't put his money where his mouth is. Why are you even on city data if you're so in love with commiefornia?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Oh, look another smug norcal'er who won't put his money where his mouth is. Why are you even on city data if you're so in love with commiefornia?
Um because I move a lot, just moved from Arizona's beach (Orange County) back up to NorCal.

Go bash SoCal in the Denver forum with the rest of them..

Door is open btw, no need to escape! Adios! Buena suerte y hasta luego!

Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 PM

298 posts, read 716,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
I've noticed how many people who post on the California forum do not live in California yet post all kinds of hateful comments about California & Californians. It seems that those who devote so much negative attention on California hardly ever post in their own state's forums. Many who criticize California seem to be from Texas or the South.

I wonder how many Californians even read threads in other state forums? Who would spend so much time criticizing a state they don't even live in & for many, have never been to California.

Seems like close to half the posters in the California forum don't live here yet many share their hate for our state over and over again.

Why is it that non-Californians seem to be so involved in our state's affairs & gladly toss in their ugly comments about our great state?
I haven't really met any people from the south who hate californians (and I'm from the south.) I've liked the californians I've met in general (including the ones I've met on my trips out there.)

Most of the people I know who don't like californians live in colorado or oregon, and it's probably because an influx of new people moved into their neighborhoods and that changed the overall environment (not necessarily for the better or for the worse). People don't usually like change, or so I've heard.

Also, how do you know that those people haven't been to California?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:04 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
We spent a really interesting vacation in San Diego. There are a lot of good things about California but sometimes we hear really strange things on the news about such things as it being against the law to kill a rat, etc. Since California and New York seem to set the pace, I really wouldn't want some of the laws that they have to catch on where I live.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We spent a really interesting vacation in San Diego. There are a lot of good things about California but sometimes we hear really strange things on the news about such things as it being against the law to kill a rat, etc. Since California and New York seem to set the pace, I really wouldn't want some of the laws that they have to catch on where I live.
A rat? are you sure about that? Now on the other hand, it is against the law to kill ground squirrels even if they tear up your garden I've seen fruit rats walking on a telephone wire! believe it or not.

EscapeCalifornia is a mere kid, Mach [he hasn't even been outside California or even been to Palm Springs yet puts down his own state not knowing a thing about the rest of the country]. Probably an angry adolescent just bummed because his dad won't let him drive the family's car

Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
A rat? are you sure about that? Now on the other hand, it is against the law to kill ground squirrels even if they tear up your garden I've seen fruit rats walking on a telephone wire! believe it or not.

EscapeCalifornia is a mere kid, Mach [he hasn't even been outside California or even been to Palm Springs yet puts down his own state not knowing a thing about the rest of the country]. Probably an angry adolescent just bummed because his dad won't let him drive the family's car
Wow! I thought Escape was an old man because he comes off as unhappy, cranky, and cantankerous!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
Quit making stupid, ignorant, WRONG assumptions you idiot.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:36 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,139,491 times
Sometimes people have to leave the state to really appreciate the things they took for granted.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:02 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Quit making stupid, ignorant, WRONG assumptions you idiot.
Truth hurts sometimes

Old 03-31-2009, 11:29 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I can name a big reason why many people from other states do not like Californians. Many people simply do not like change. To many people in places like the South, Californians represent something that is too radically different from them and the California lifestyle to some people feels too different. Many people feel that when Californians move to other places, things change and many people don't like change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California