Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,323 times

Advertisements

Ok, here it goes: I am currently living in the Cherry Hill area of South Jersey and I am looking to move to either Long Beach, or San Diego, CA. I will be transferring to Long Beach City College to finish up the necessary credits so I can transfer to Cal State Long Beach, San Diego State University, or UCSD. I have read the other threads about where to live in each city but I have a few additional questions. I am currently a single guy in my late 20s looking to live in an area with people around my age. I am pursuing my BS in Finance, but I am studying to be a Commercial Airline Pilot. With that being said, what are some of the better places to live so that I will be close enough to continue my flight training without having to drive a distance yet still be able to live, work, and play comfortably. I know that LB has a lot of good flight schools, but SD does as well. If anyone is currently pursuing flight training in either area, I would appreciate feedback on flight schools as well as colleges. I am budgeted to spend about $1400/mo. on rent and would like to be as close to "everything" without having to drive too far. I will be driving out to CA with my uncle and cousin (I will be flying them back home) once I finally make the move, so any advice on cross-country travel would be appreciated as well. Thanks for reading and responding. (i know it was long)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 08:03 PM

983 posts, read 4,442,256 times
Well I can tell you plenty about Long Beach but not much about San Diego or flight school. For yr price range for rent you are going to do okay. I would say for your age you may love Belmont Shores area. On your visit go down to Second Street in Belmont Shores. Very nice area and you will be right near the beach as well. Not sure what the rents are but I believe you can get a 1bdrm for $1400. Also check out the area around Bellflower and Stearns, you will be right there at Cal State Long Beach. Also a very nice part of Long Beach. Okay I just remembered you said you will attend LBCC. There are two campuses. If attending the Pacific Coast campus you don't want to live around that area! The campus off of Clark Ave is a very nice area and lots of reasonable rentals around there too. Zip code 90808 or 90815. Also that campus is not far from (a mile) Long Beach Airport so may be some flight schools there.

Hope it helps a bit and good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California