Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 AM

228 posts, read 796,694 times

Advertisements

How many of you moved to CA from somewhere else?
Where did you move from?
Why did you move to California?
Do regret moving to CA?
Do you plan to re-locate out of the state?

I'm just curious, I have friends who are thinking of moving to California. Please share your stories. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 08:25 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,092,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewatergirl888 View Post
How many of you moved to CA from somewhere else?
Where did you move from?
Why did you move to California?
Do regret moving to CA?
Do you plan to re-locate out of the state?

I'm just curious, I have friends who are thinking of moving to California. Please share your stories. Thanks!
I moved to CA on Christmas day from Cleveland, Ohio. I came here because my fiance received a great teaching position and I am planning on attending grad school in the area. Do I regret it? No way. There are things I don't enjoy and it is more expensive, but we're having the time of our lives. There is so much to do, so much to learn about, and I love, love, love not having Ohio winters. I could possibly plan to move away in 5-10 years but not before then. It really depends on the housing market, how happy things are, or it might be time to move to a less populated area and settle down. I feel as though if I move, it'll be north to Oregon.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:32 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,844,245 times
Where did you move from? Columbus, OH
Why did you move to California? Scenery, LA, weather, family
Do regret moving to CA? No
Do you plan to re-locate out of the state? No

Old 04-06-2009, 07:59 PM

14 posts, read 101,239 times
Where did you move from? I will be moving back to to CA (hopefully very very soon) from Nashville (country music capital of the world... SO?)

Why did you move to California? For the In-N-Out burger!!

Do regret moving to CA? Regret moving out of CA

Do you plan to re-locate out of the state? NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 11,304 times
I used to live in Texas.... hot weather..
Moved to California 15 years ago.. I don't regret it

I love it here.. I don't plan to go back again.. Buying my home soon.

good luck...

Old 04-07-2009, 11:14 AM

4 posts, read 9,411 times
I live in Ohio and would love to move to Cali. I hope I can soon. But there is so much I have to figure out by myself! I need to find an apartment, job, and school.
I am 21, and I hope my goal is acheivable on my own.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:40 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,554,277 times
Where did you move from? Virginia suburbs of DC
Why did you move to California? grad school
Do regret moving to CA? no
Do you plan to re-locate out of the state? no.

I started in a PhD program here in the Bay Area, but left with just a MS, got a job here, and have been living here ever since. When I first took the job 2 years ago I thought I would live here for 5-10 years and move away due to the high housing costs. But prices have dropped a lot, so I don't see the need to do that anymore. I'll probably be here for a long time. The only downside is that my family still lives out in the East coast, so I hardly get to see them.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:48 PM

253 posts, read 1,131,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4life View Post
Where did you move from? I will be moving back to to CA (hopefully very very soon) from Nashville (country music capital of the world... SO?)

Do regret moving to CA? Regret moving out of CA

Do you plan to re-locate out of the state? NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!
Hey socal4life:

You cannot believe how many people have expressed the same intentions to me. They move out to Montana or Idaho and after living there for two years or so they cannot wait to come back.

Particularly those who moved to Idaho. I guess its because they did not receive any sort of warm welcome, nearly ran off the road by dudes in pick-up trucks who hate Cali people, the s...l...o...w...p...a...c...e of just going to the store and waiting in line to get assistance for something...the whole "this is the way we do it here and if you don't like it just leave" sort of attitude.

Anyway, WELCOME BACK You will be so happy to return to civilization! btw, traffic is waaaaayy down on the 101 all the way to L.A.

Best to you,

~Cali-girl

Old 04-07-2009, 01:50 PM

32 posts, read 83,416 times
Coming all the way from Florida in June or July.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:28 PM

14 posts, read 101,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-girl View Post
Hey socal4life:

You cannot believe how many people have expressed the same intentions to me. They move out to Montana or Idaho and after living there for two years or so they cannot wait to come back.

Particularly those who moved to Idaho. I guess its because they did not receive any sort of warm welcome, nearly ran off the road by dudes in pick-up trucks who hate Cali people, the s...l...o...w...p...a...c...e of just going to the store and waiting in line to get assistance for something...the whole "this is the way we do it here and if you don't like it just leave" sort of attitude.

Anyway, WELCOME BACK You will be so happy to return to civilization! btw, traffic is waaaaayy down on the 101 all the way to L.A.

Best to you,

~Cali-girl

I havent' moved back yet but I will be soon and when I cross the AZ border into CA in Blythe off the I-10 I will kiss the ground at the checkpoint. We're only human, sometimes we don't relize what we had untill we left thinking the grass is greener on the other side. We all learn from our mistakes, I'll suck it up for now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California