Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:43 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I blame a big portion of that on the full-time legislature. Other state do just fine meeting once a year or so but California feels the need to pay idiots to sit up in Sacramento year round and make stupid laws. If the session were shorter, they wouldn't have as much time to sit around and dream up stupid crap. It's sort of like when the evening news was 30-60 minutes, you got the headlines. Now that there's 24 hour news on multiple channels, they have the time to obsess about stupid crap like octomom that 25 years ago wouldn't have gotten a mention. Being a state legislator shouldn't be a full time job. They need to have real lives outside of the Sacramento bubble and only address the most pressing issues when they meet, not write laws regulating how long your dog can be tied up in your yard.
You are exactly right.We dont need a full time legislaure.When we didnt ca was a better place to live/work.I wonder what new laws the bums are writing up & hoping benedict arnold signs.My local assemblyman is paul cook & hes a chicken **** coward.He never replies back to my emails & answers my questions.politicians are such wimps....wow!

Old 05-03-2009, 09:50 PM

563 posts, read 1,449,173 times
I heard the other day that 3,000 people a week are fleeing the state. I apologize for not being able to remember the source. Darn! I do so love facts and proof.

We are moving to Oregon. We own and operate a small business as well as doing other neat things to supplement our income. We can pull up stakes and live and work anywhere. So we bought 2 commercial acres on the coast in Oregon. The niche we leave here will be filled by illegal aliens and crooks.
I vote. I care. I can't fix California. But I will darn sure register to vote immediately in Oregon to try to help that state from becoming another California.

The state government of California has doubled in size in the past 10 years. Under a Democrat and a "Republican" governor. And it is even more cumbersome and ineffective than ever before.

The schools sport an almost 25% dropout rate. My rural neighborhood school is so bad, it's on probation with the state, on the verge of being taken over. Cool.

My local roads are in need of repair. There's not enough cops to patrol the dangerous roads and protect the nice people from the tweeker plague that steals and vandalizes. Sweet.

It cost a friend of mine $13,000 in building permits to build his 1400 square foot home. Awesome.

My cancer-ridden, dying mother qualified for a whopping $33/month in food stamps from the state. That's my tax dollars at work! Yep.

Flee. What a great word! So appropriate. By the way, you can listen to KFI on the web from anywhere in the world:
KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio

Old 05-03-2009, 10:55 PM

ALOT of people state & country wide say the ca legislature has gone too far & this may be the straw that broke the camels back.Im just fed up with their taxes & laws.If you buy new tires theirs a $1.75 tax on ea.tire.If you buy a tv,microwave,etc theirs a $6.00-$10.00 recycling fee.We also get screwed on crv value.I DESPISE these dirty low life crooks.May the ca legislature incl govenor benedict arnold all burn in hell.What goes around will come around.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:24 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Default A question I want to ask you all....

Did everyone on here vote to re-elect their incumbent legislators? If you did, you are contributing to the dysfunctionality of CA state government.

I voted against my local incumbents in 2008, so at least I have a clean conscience in NOT enabling the attention whores in the Legislature to keep making a mess of the state.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Everyones entitled to their own opinion.Ziegler is & always will be a idiot.I do know alot of people dont live within the L.A.range but many do.
So who do you suggest they listen to? Savage?

(In case you haven't been able to tell, I am no fan of either Savage nor John and Ken.)

Old 05-04-2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
So who do you suggest they listen to? Savage?

(In case you haven't been able to tell, I am no fan of either Savage nor John and Ken.)
Savage is a bit more extreme then john & ken.He does though tell it like it is(like john & ken) & scares the girly girl politicians.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Savage is a bit more extreme then john & ken.He does though tell it like it is(like john & ken) & scares the girly girl politicians.
As an aside, are you aware that Savage supports Jerry Brown for governor? Although he's not so much pro-Brown as he is anti-Newsom, and he sees Brown as the only candidate capable of preventing Newsom from becoming governor and sees the GOP as incapable of doing so.

Never mind that Brown will kick Newsom's butt in the Dem primaries no matter what Savage thinks. How much influence does Savage have on Dem primaries anyways?

Old 05-04-2009, 11:15 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I voted against my local incumbents in 2008, so at least I have a clean conscience in NOT enabling the attention whores in the Legislature to keep making a mess of the state.
That's good advice. Everybody should vote against the incumbents, just to send them the message that they are ruining the state.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:40 PM

The ca legislature is corrupt as hell.They take bribes from the teachers union,los angeles lakers(i dont like the lakers),oil companies,etc.Arnold is NOT to be trusted.Proposition 1A has got to fail.Lets not give these punks another 2 yrs of xtra taxes.Raising sales tax,car tax & income tax during a recession was VERY ignorant.I dont see how these losers sleep good at night.Alot of businesses round out the sales tax so were paying 9% instead of 8.75%.The thieving state got $123.00 of my property settlement.Alot of state workers are lazy & over paid.Many of their pensions are quite high.I do hate the greedy DMV!

Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 PM

2,965 posts, read 3,530,002 times
Quote:
The ca legislature is corrupt as hell.They take bribes from the teachers union,los angeles lakers(i dont like the lakers),oil companies,etc.Arnold is NOT to be trusted.Proposition 1A has got to fail.Lets not give these punks another 2 yrs of xtra taxes.Raising sales tax,car tax & income tax during a recession was VERY ignorant.I dont see how these losers sleep good at night.Alot of businesses round out the sales tax so were paying 9% instead of 8.75%.The thieving state got $123.00 of my property settlement.Alot of state workers are lazy & over paid.Many of their pensions are quite high.I do hate the greedy DMV!
you sound very angry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California