Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 PM

32 posts, read 188,898 times

Advertisements

Can someone give me as much information on this town as possible?

Location compared to LARGE cities

Crime in this town compared to the LARGE cities that are near it

Safe sides of town to live in

Climate here compared to the Central Coast areas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 07:15 PM

450 posts, read 1,898,868 times
Climate is pretty moderate, just look up LAX climate on weather.com or a similar site. LAX is adjacent.

I don't know of any rough areas in El Segundo. A lot of office towers there due to the LAX proximity.

Generally, anything in that area would be nice.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:06 AM

32 posts, read 188,898 times
I was wondering if anyone has any photos of the area there in El Sequndo ?

I cant seem to pull up any online. Is this town meshed in with LA or is it really a town seperate from it?

How are the beaches in the area. Are they good for sun bathers?

Old 04-07-2007, 10:18 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,561,041 times
While I don't live in the area, I can share what I know about it. As stated earlier, it is adjacent to LAX. It is pretty well meshed with L.A. and the other surrounding communities due to its proximity. I don't know how close knit the community is, though. As for the beaches, I am only familiar with Dockweiler State Beach. I've been there at various times of the year, and have seen beautiful weather much of the time. Of course, as with anywhere along the coast of Southern California, there are times in early summer when it tends to stay overcast for much of the day. I would think this beach would be pretty good for sunbathing most of the time, but it may not be your first choice, due to its proximity to the Hyperion Sewage Treatment plant (across the street).

Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovefall View Post
I was wondering if anyone has any photos of the area there in El Sequndo ?

I cant seem to pull up any online. Is this town meshed in with LA or is it really a town seperate from it?

How are the beaches in the area. Are they good for sun bathers?
There should be some photos of the area at the City of El Segundo's official website. Here's a link...
http://www.elsegundo.org/

Old 04-07-2007, 02:12 PM

68 posts, read 308,827 times
Default Living in El Segundo

Go to the Google website and click on the tab for images and type in El Segundo. Well, I live in El Segundo with my wife and son. El Segundo borders LAX on the north side and the Chevron Refinery plant on the south side. The weather is mild, but I wish it was a little warmer. The Crime is really low and we feel safe going for walks at anytime of the day or night. The apartments that are near Sepulveda BLVD tend to be cheaper and have some less desirables living there. However, nothing really to worry about.There are alot of police for such a small town, but makes you feel safe. The closer you live towards Imperial highway, you will hear the airplanes. Honestly, after awhile, you really do not notice the airplanes.

The schools are really nice. My son is in Pre-K. He has some issues and is receiving special attention. When you are walking down town in El Segundo, you forget that you are living in LA. The biggest issue for some who live in El Segundo is the Hyperion plant. When the plant is perculating, it really does smell like ****. That is why some nick name it El Smellgundo.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:29 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,453,139 times
Neat little custom Google Map showing the lunchtime eateries in downtown El Segundo. There's a free bus from the business district east of downtown too:

El Segundo Lunch - Google Maps

Old 10-30-2010, 12:21 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,621,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovefall View Post
Can someone give me as much information on this town as possible?

Location compared to LARGE cities

Crime in this town compared to the LARGE cities that are near it

Safe sides of town to live in

Climate here compared to the Central Coast areas
It's proximity to LAX and freeways makes El Segundo desirable for some. It's a very safe town with great schools. The climate is the same as any other Southern California beach town. I don't know of any safer sides of town, it's not that big of a town. You do get some stink from the Hyperion plant, but there are areas of town that are not as affected as others.

I have family who lives in El Segundo. They have many children and have had no difficulties with anything. They wouldn't live anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California