Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:16 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
The libs posting here are part of the problem. Either they are carpetbaggers, or, are natives who are so urbanized / Easternized that they just don't get it.
The liberals have every right to post here and express their ideas and preferences. They are the majority, and they have every right to change California into a liberal paradise if that's what they want.

I don't feel that I've changed as much as the state has changed around me. My choices now are either to put up or get out. "The West" has always been more a state of mind than anything else. The "Easterners" can come here and change the state all they like, but it won't be "The West" anymore. (I don't accept the theory that it's the Easterner's fault.) Meanwhile those of us who believe we are true Westerners can do what people have always done. When you don't like the way things are you head 'em up and move out, to seek greener pastures.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:35 PM

947 posts, read 3,139,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
It's a personal choice. I am not going to sit here and tell people where they should and shouldn't live. However I would expect the same from someone else.

It's all about priorities. Mine might be different from yours. For example, my priorities include:

- owning a home in a district with *excellent* schools
- a home large enough to comfortably support 3 children and ideally room for my aging parents
- a neighborhood that is safe and quiet enough to walk around at night with children
- a neighborhood with open space and parks but not more than about 30 minutes from downtown
- a neighborhood with well-funded fire and police services

I do love CA and would love to stay but based on what is important to me, it doesn't make sense for the long term. Other people's decisions may be different.
Those are the exact reasons why we moved from CA to Round Rock TX in October 2006. My husband and I thought we would live in our old house in CA forever. Then we had our daughter and we saw the world through new eyes.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:38 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
2 places not even on my list. You always have the option of coming back, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life thinking it could be better somewhere else. The state has continually gotten worse in the spend and tax situation. I wish I had hope that cuts would be made that would get us back on track but I guess I just don't believe the politicians are capable of doing that and the taxpayer will have to pick up the bill. Part of my problem is that as a family we never bought on credit and went without if we could not afford it and I would like to see the state run that way. I know it'll never happen. I guess I'm rambling...
Is there a state where politicians are not corrupt though? I think most states are screwed at this point.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:41 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
Those are the exact reasons why we moved from CA to Round Rock TX in October 2006. My husband and I thought we would live in our old house in CA forever. Then we had our daughter and we saw the world through new eyes.

How did you manage to survive without skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon?

Also, no celebrity in their right mind would live in Texas with all those cows and things.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:57 PM

44 posts, read 154,823 times
I am. Not sure if I'll hit Oklahoma or Texas. Calif isnt a bad place, its my home state, but Im just ready for some changes. Having family and friends in both areas I can get probably all the pros and cons of both areas.

Last edited by ma barker; 05-07-2009 at 06:00 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 05:15 PM

341 posts, read 689,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
The liberals have every right to post here and express their ideas and preferences. They are the majority, and they have every right to change California into a liberal paradise if that's what they want.

I don't feel that I've changed as much as the state has changed around me. My choices now are either to put up or get out. "The West" has always been more a state of mind than anything else. The "Easterners" can come here and change the state all they like, but it won't be "The West" anymore. (I don't accept the theory that it's the Easterner's fault.) Meanwhile those of us who believe we are true Westerners can do what people have always done. When you don't like the way things are you head 'em up and move out, to seek greener pastures.
"change California into a liberal paradise" I think it's already there! except for the paradise part. They are the majority, and that may be the problem. But for some that may be why they love Ca. It's their liberal paradise.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
My neice just had her son last August. She says she is leaving before he starts school.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Is there a state where politicians are not corrupt though? I think most states are screwed at this point.
No. I'm not naive enough to think there is. Where we are considering going their legislature meets a couple of months every other year. I think the less time they have to spend together debating policy the better.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:24 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Quote:
No. I'm not naive enough to think there is. Where we are considering going their legislature meets a couple of months every other year. I think the less time they have to spend together debating policy the better.
"Government IS the problem" - R. W. Reagan

Old 05-07-2009, 07:05 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
"change California into a liberal paradise" I think it's already there! except for the paradise part. They are the majority, and that may be the problem. But for some that may be why they love Ca. It's their liberal paradise.
I agree with you. It's we conservatives who are the problem in California.
As soon as we get out of the way they can enact their liberal agenda.

* runs and ducks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California