Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 05:18 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,179,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-grown View Post
I agree about the out of state plates, however, I have never had to have a health certificate to bring my bird into CA. Never heard of that before. I've crossed the state line a few times and all they did was ask what kind of bird it was and that's it. If something has changed, could you please post where you found that information. I will be coming back and would like to know.
When I was moving I was advised that any animals need vaccinations and something showing proper care from a vet. I had that where I could find it for both my dog and cat. I don't know why it would be different for a bird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 05:57 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,523,702 times
The government will never do anything affective about illegals as big and small business depends on the cheap labor.

I did ask a fish and game warden about why ferrets are illegal, he went into a rehearsed speech on how CA is a island they are laying their lives out to protect. He claimed the ferrets would destroy agriculture and destroy crops. I asked him then if he was aware ferrets are obligate carnivores that can not eat vegetation, he stuttered around trying to maintain his authority but failed.

CA state Fish & game have a agenda only known to themselves.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:38 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,303,842 times
Nothing, so far as I can tell, on Hwy 88. Nothing but sage brush at the border there.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:19 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,590,302 times
You can bring people into California from Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon but not parrots, just hilarious. By the way, who checks the people for diseases?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 PM

57 posts, read 381,362 times
When I crossed the border, my cat was visible in the backseat and I wasn't asked about her. I would just put a blanket over the cage & not say anything. Then play dumb if you're asked.

Also, I think I'm suppose to register my cat, even if she's indoors. Screw that. Laws like that are made to be broken.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,340,931 times
While I will be the first to concede that California is the most over-lawed and -regulated state there is, I will also applaud its efforts to keep potentially harmful plants and animals, except for illegal aliens, of course, from entering the state. It's done to preserve native species that might be harmed or squeezed out of existance. You have to remember that CA also feeds the nation so any scientifically proven threat to the state's cycle of life -- anything that would upset the balance of nature regarding plants/crops or animals -- should be rightfully excluded.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:42 PM

45 posts, read 194,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
When I was moving I was advised that any animals need vaccinations and something showing proper care from a vet. I had that where I could find it for both my dog and cat. I don't know why it would be different for a bird.
I don't know who advised you about that information, but I've brought my dogs across many times and have never been asked anything about them. They usually ask if we have plants or fruit/veggies, take a cursory look and that's about it.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:10 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,179,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-grown View Post
I don't know who advised you about that information, but I've brought my dogs across many times and have never been asked anything about them. They usually ask if we have plants or fruit/veggies, take a cursory look and that's about it.
It was more an if asked. I would expect with dogs and cats they would be less likely to ask. In the trip from California to Olklahoma the only time anyone ever said anything was in New Mexico at a rest stop where I was told I wasn't supposed to have my dog out. But she said no problem.

Its still a good idea on any animal to have vaccination and other health infomation there since states can ask to look if they choose.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:35 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,234,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelinala View Post
When I crossed the border, my cat was visible in the backseat and I wasn't asked about her. I would just put a blanket over the cage & not say anything. Then play dumb if you're asked.

Also, I think I'm suppose to register my cat, even if she's indoors. Screw that. Laws like that are made to be broken.
As much as I don't believe in bringing anything illegal across the border, I agree about your issue with registering your cat..

Nita

Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 AM

301 posts, read 1,506,476 times
As I understand it, parrots aren't native to California, and are likely carriers of Newcastle disease, which is a major threat to the state's poultry industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California