Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:17 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
What? Are they going to horde our Personal Bank Accounts?

People get a grip.
What you fail to realize is that California has slowly but surely been raiding your bank accounts for decades. And they need more than ever to pay for everything the voters say they "must have."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:08 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,241,506 times
Quote:

People get a grip.
Dont give them any ideas. It's been done in other countries, I wouldn't put our politicians above doing anything that bad. they are scum.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,270,863 times
this I agree with. Although,politicians everywhere pretty much stink.
Power=corruption.

Greenchili

Old 05-21-2009, 09:33 AM

27 posts, read 46,234 times
This is the dumbest post I've seen all day. "Diversity=Disaster"..... Illegal immigration is clearly an issue. But what do the rest of the ethnic groups have to do with it. The last time I checked.... African-Americans were citizens... (and NOT BY CHOICE) might I add.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:43 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times
Come on people, it's America. Like someone else said, stand up and fight. It's worth it. The state will rebound, recover, and flourish once again. I have full confidence in the people of California to get out of this mess, and rise to the top. It's too beautiful of a state to just give up on...

Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 AM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
That being said, who will mow your lawn, how much will peaches picked by $8.50/hr workers cost, will you have to butcher your own meat, vacuum your own office, clean your own house, wash your own car and stay home because your can't afford child care? Where will you get a decent burrito?
Either way, you are going to have to pay. Higher taxes or higher expenses.
Americans, in general have lived a couple of generations of I want it, I want it now and I want it cheap.. We have been living on credit for a long time.
Well, here is the bill. Pay up!
I guess I'm the exception... I do all those things now except of the butchering part and I have that kind of covered... family was raised on a farm and we still raise our own chickens...

So what's wrong with mowing your own lawn, cleaning your own house and washing your own car and having a parent or grandparent provide daycare?

Oh... being of Farm Stock... the family also doesn't believe in credit except as little as necessary for the mortgage...

Grandparents and Father are products of the Depression and never missed a chance to instill frugality... every shopping trip with my Grandmother started and ended at the Bank... she would say no use looking at something to buy unless you had the cash in hand...

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 08-07-2011 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
The state will rebound, recover, and flourish once again. I have full confidence in the people of California to get out of this mess, and rise to the top. It's too beautiful of a state to just give up on...
I agree. There is too much at stake. Lots of businesses, industry, jobs, delegates, people, etc. (The state's beauty is irrelevant though...there are plenty of beautiful states.)

It all boils down to economics and votes.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:18 AM

341 posts, read 688,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
That being said, who will mow your lawn, how much will peaches picked by $8.50/hr workers cost, will you have to butcher your own meat, vacuum your own office, clean your own house, wash your own car and stay home because your can't afford child care? Where will you get a decent burrito?
Either way, you are going to have to pay. Higher taxes or higher expenses.
Americans, in general have lived a couple of generations of I want it, I want it now and I want it cheap.. We have been living on credit for a long time.
Well, here is the bill. Pay up!
mow my lawn, babysit- teenager next door
I can clean my own house,wash my own car and I'll even go clean hubbys office. All because I'll have more time cuz I won't need to work if Hubby isn't over taxed. No job should be done by an illegal and that's that. Oh and the peaches. Farmers markets or I'll grow my own and a garden because I'll have more time

Old 05-21-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
So instead of staying where you are and fighting, organizing, protesting, you choose to run. So you go to those other states, then after awhile, shades of California appear. Then you run again. And run. And run. And don't just stay there and fight, fight, fight.

Californian transplants remind me of Mexicans. Rather than stay in their country and fight, they run!
with my tail between my legs. I've voted and fought for 10 years to vote down everything that cost the state money. I GIVE UP

Old 05-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:

People get a grip.
what makes you think that they'll leave you enough to have a bank account
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California