Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times

Advertisements

This is merely academic since it will never happen in California that weapon permits will be relaxed. Now if you want to address likely solutions it would include even more restrictions on guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 04:12 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post

Sweet baby jesus! That's the stupidest post ever made on CD. Congrats at winning that award!
Thank you for your reaction..! I love it when I can kick some cowboy in the nads... You made my day....

Old 05-22-2009, 04:14 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Too funny. If someone breaks into your house to steal your belongings then by all means, wave your erection at them.

When someone breaks into mine I'll have Messrs. Smith & Wesson greet them.

You and I can compare notes if and when you're released from ICU.

Canibeyou, you're right. That one takes the prize.

I'm sure your big man talk impresses all the girls on the playground, but the rest of us can recognice a BSer when we hear one...

Old 05-22-2009, 04:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I'm sure your big man talk impresses all the girls on the playground, but the rest of us can recognice a BSer when we hear one...
I'm a bit too old for those games. However, as a career soldier and former cop I learned early-on that high ideals and hugs are no match for the appropriate hardware.

Speak for yourself, only, and the offer stands.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:34 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Thank you for your reaction..! I love it when I can kick some cowboy in the nads... You made my day....

Wasn't a compliment.

Easy to see how it would be in your world. But than again, your world seems to be far removed from this real one.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:38 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I'm a bit too old for those games. However, as a career soldier and former cop I learned early-on that high ideals and hugs are no match for the appropriate hardware.

And the last thing I need in my life is another man approaching me with an erection... for any reason. Seems yours has lasted longer than 4 hours, Donn2390. You should seek medical attention, per the disclaimers.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:40 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,865,527 times
Ca would rather go bankrupt than think of something logical like that.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:19 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
This is merely academic since it will never happen in California that weapon permits will be relaxed. Now if you want to address likely solutions it would include even more restrictions on guns.
The 9th Circuit recently ruled the Second Amendment applies to the states. And of course part of the Second Amendment is to "bear" (carry) arms. There are lawsuits in the works on carrying (bearing) firearms. CA doesn't have to pass any law loosening the carry laws, the courts are going to soon force it on the state. Other restrictions will also be challenged and likely overturned. The fact CA's rules are incredibly and blatantly arbitrary (a person in one county can get a permit no problem, a person in another has no chance at one, all at the whims of a government official) dooms them.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:39 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,242,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The 9th Circuit recently ruled the Second Amendment applies to the states. And of course part of the Second Amendment is to "bear" (carry) arms. There are lawsuits in the works on carrying (bearing) firearms. CA doesn't have to pass any law loosening the carry laws, the courts are going to soon force it on the state. Other restrictions will also be challenged and likely overturned. The fact CA's rules are incredibly and blatantly arbitrary (a person in one county can get a permit no problem, a person in another has no chance at one, all at the whims of a government official) dooms them.
Bingo.
The constitution is quite clear on what powers states have. States can pretty much do anything they want as long as it doesn't violate the US constitution.
The 9th circuit(which is a very leftist court) and a recent supreme court ruling have paved the way for some of califorinia's gun restrictions to be overturned.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:47 AM

268 posts, read 817,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
Bingo.
The constitution is quite clear on what powers states have. States can pretty much do anything they want as long as it doesn't violate the US constitution.
The 9th circuit(which is a very leftist court) and a recent supreme court ruling have paved the way for some of califorinia's gun restrictions to be overturned.
This all good.

But some of the anti-gun elected morons would rather waste tax payer money fighting unconstitutional gun laws and run the state of California into the ground. Shame on the idiot sheep who elect minions of these people Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California