Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 05:18 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,758,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
So, if you already had a detailed perception of both areas, why did you bother to ask the question as though you were seeking other poster insights?
I had no perception of Santa Cruz even with the internet. I live near San Luis Obispo, so obviously I know what the area is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 06:27 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
I had no perception of Santa Cruz even with the internet. I live near San Luis Obispo, so obviously I know what the area is like.
sounds like you need to come up for a visit
it's beautiful today ... lots of warm sun but a cool ocean breeze.
solstice weekend ... a good time to be in s.c. county.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:10 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
There's no mall near Santa Cruz?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-03-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
There's no mall near Santa Cruz?
not that kind of mall.
there's a typical mall on 41st in capitola (just minutes down HW1 from santa cruz proper)... sears, radio shack, eateries, etc., etc., ets.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:10 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
ahhhh, the city and all his questions about the many malls of California. lol. Reps to you for the all of the laughs throughout the last year and a 1/2.

I got nuthin.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:26 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,758,700 times
Is Downtown Center and Court Street Center considered lifestyle centers?

Old 04-17-2010, 07:03 PM

139 posts, read 359,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
ahhhh, the city and all his questions about the many malls of California. lol. Reps to you for the all of the laughs throughout the last year and a 1/2.

I got nuthin.
Is "the city" still asking questions about malls??

What a strange person. Like I said to him a couple years ago. If he is in such a need to have a mall closeby, he better load up his chuckwagon and move to a large metropolitan area. The central coast is the wrong place for him to exist.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:31 PM

6 posts, read 28,470 times
Wow, someone would move because they approved a Super Wal-Mart in his town? You don't have to go there, you know.

I used to work in Santa Cruz, real laid back, hippy vibe. And there are malls there. The downtown area is called "Pacific Garden Mall". It doesn't necessarily have to be indoors.

The homeless population is out of hand in Santa Cruz. Aggressive panhandling this the norm there. There is an extreme heroin and methamphetamine problem there as well.

Personally, I don't mind Santa Cruz. But I live down south now, Santa Maria, home to more illegal aliens than you can shake a stick at. San Luis Obispo is great. As soon as I can sell my house here, I'm moving to San Luis Obispo or thereabouts. Santa Maria sucks.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post

The homeless population is out of hand in Santa Cruz. Aggressive panhandling this the norm there. There is an extreme heroin and methamphetamine problem there as well.
I wouldn't take his mall postings seriously.

Btw, It's easy to live in S.C. or anywhere in the county and avoid problems with homeless folks and the meth, etc ... which is hugely problematic in many, many places in the country.
And homeless have to live somewhere ... i prefer to be in a community that isn't so sterilized and intolerant of those who are different or struggling, etc..

Old 04-21-2010, 05:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Wow, someone would move because they approved a Super Wal-Mart in his town? You don't have to go there, you know.
Well, it was more 'the straw that broke the camels back' especially considering it was going to be built down the street from where I was living. I didn't want to deal with the heavy traffic flow and foot traffic that a super wal mart would inevitably bring to my quiet little area.

Oh, and I'm a her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California