Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 11,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEnsign View Post
I have also been looking for an apartment in Palmdale/Lancaster. Everyone is correct, stay west of 14. For lancaster, I liked two of the places on 30th, across from the college. They are West Oaks and PArk West Village. Further out on 35th there are Hidden falls (a really small complex but gated) and The premier. These are older, but looked to be very quiet. In Palmdale, the only one I liked was the Manzanita. Other than that, look in www.avpress.com for condos.

Thanks for the help, i have been in touch with Manzanita as well and I really like their staff.The only problem we are running into is that we cannot actually go see the apartments before we move. Did you see these apartment complexes for yourself, or just online?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 07:43 AM

5 posts, read 30,523 times
Here's an eyewitness account of activity in Quartz Hill on Sat, April 21 (Lovely westside AV community).

"Police Shoot out ends Yaney's Vikings race weekend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently our family moved to a new house on 60 street west and Avenue L in Quartzhill. We have not finished moving all of our stuff, for we have just moved into this new house and the moving has just started. At my old house on M-4 and 50th street west, layed a garage full of dirt bike tools, gas cans, gear, motorcycle carrier and everything else except the bikes, which I had moved into the new house first. Apparently one of my neighbors at the M-4 house was strung out on meth and had a confrontation with his landlord. The neighbor ends up beating the snot out of the land lord, so the police were called. An officer happened to be driving by M-4 Street right as the call for help was made. The officer shows up to arrest the violent, meth driven neighbor, but the neighbor decides to make a run for it with his gun, so the officer followed suit. The neighbor stops at the garage of my old house and decides to point the gun at the officer, so the officer shoots him on our property. Homicide detectives have the whole street shut off and for the sake of not disturbing the crime scene the officers will not grant me access into my garage to college all of my race stuff. It looks a long investigation is going on at the house and I will not be able to retrieve my racing materials until tomorrow night. The incident is a shocker and I'm going to miss out on a fun weekend
5x Enduro
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/64220577
Sponsorhouse: www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/Chrisyaney (broken link) "

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/...ad.php?t=14260

Old 05-03-2007, 08:48 AM

6 posts, read 43,433 times
I'm a realtor in the Antelope Valley, i.e., Palmdale/Lancaster. I have lived here going on 5 years now.

There are good areas and bad areas of this valley just as there are in any city anywhere in the world.

There are areas in both Palmdale & Lancaster that I refuse to show buyers houses. These areas are small compared to the city size.

I've seen people reply to similar questions with "say on the west side". If you are unfamiliar with the area then you wouldn't know that there are questionable areas on the west side of these cities just like there are questionable areas on the east side of both cities.

The Willows Apartments on Avenue K8 between 10th and 20th west is a decent complex, fairly quiet.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 9,647 times
Look west towards Tehachapi, apartments are reasonable nice small town atmosphere.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
Adding in my thoughts. I was born in Lancaster but raised out in Boron and North Edwards. Whoever posted to check out those towns is crazy, those 2 towns are the armpits of the world. And your commute would be awful.
If you are forced to live in the Mojave desert, I would say stay on the west side of Lancaster-Palmdale, in the Quartz Hill area. Of course there are good and bad in every area but in general this is the better part of town.
Peace!

Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Adding in my thoughts. I was born in Lancaster but raised out in Boron and North Edwards. Whoever posted to check out those towns is crazy, those 2 towns are the armpits of the world. And your commute would be awful.
If you are forced to live in the Mojave desert, I would say stay on the west side of Lancaster-Palmdale, in the Quartz Hill area. Of course there are good and bad in every area but in general this is the better part of town.
Peace!
Amen to that!!

MBG

Old 05-09-2007, 12:46 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Quote:

LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County, Palmdale and Lancaster will kick in funds in the coming fiscal year for additional Section 8 enforcement.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to spend $178,395 between now and June 2008 on more Section 8 investigators in the Antelope Valley.

Section 8 is a federal housing voucher program administered by the county.

"Violations of the program rules happen all over the county," said Bobbette Glover, assistant executive director of the county community development agency and housing authority. "But there's such a large concentration of Section 8 tenants in the Antelope Valley, we have a special team and a special effort in that area."
By JAMES RUFUS KOREN
Valley Press Staff Writer
avpress.com

Old 05-09-2007, 01:16 PM

ibarrio, gee you sure hate the AV...that is sad.
But then again, you rely on the media for your facts...
Here is the actual concentration of section 8 in Los Angeles County.

http://lewis.sppsr.ucla.edu/publicat...n-Illescas.pdf
MBG

Last edited by midnightbirdgirl; 05-09-2007 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Omission of link

Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
LOL @ posting something from 1997-2002.

Nice Try. I will stick with

Quote:
Bobbette Glover, assistant executive director of the county community development agency and housing authority. "But there's such a large concentration of Section 8 tenants in the Antelope Valley, we have a special team and a special effort in that area."

Old 05-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
LOL @ posting something from 1997-2002.

Nice Try. I will stick with
I am sure you will
There is more than there once was, but that is true for most areas, it is small compared to the rest of LA County...you really are silly.
MBG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California