Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 06:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTwinkie View Post
Oh, I think that dem vs repub; taxes vs spending is just nonsense. They BOTH have their special interest groups that they pander to and their "pet projects" they want funded. The whole group needs to have their pay suspended indefinitely until they can come up with a budget. Why should the taxpayer suffer and not their paychecks. Remember not to vote for any of them next time around. You can't spend what you don't have. They obviously are all indebted or afraid of those special interests groups that they will sink the whole state of California instead of living within their means. What a pity!
After the better part of two decades working within the political structure of the state, you're right. It's all special interests, lobbyists and labor unions all the time. The people be damned as long as the politicians have enough money to run for re-election or the next highest office!

Old 07-05-2009, 06:54 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Oh, I think that dem vs repub; taxes vs spending is just nonsense. They BOTH have their special interest groups that they pander to and their "pet projects" they want funded. The whole group needs to have their pay suspended indefinitely until they can come up with a budget. Why should the taxpayer suffer and not their paychecks. Remember not to vote for any of them next time around. You can't spend what you don't have. They obviously are all indebted or afraid of those special interests groups that they will sink the whole state of California instead of living within their means. What a pity!
It's all nonsense, it's all special interests and the lobbyists who pay the tab.

What's different this time? The Bond ratings - California is not only BROKE but they can't borrow any more. Time for a reality check. It's not sustainable to spend beyond means, especially when the credit card is stamped overdrawn/declined. It was fun while it lasted but the party is about to come to a screeching halt. Not a one of them actually care about "people", they care about themselves and their money machines. California is a failed state with a failed government and failed representation.

California is a window to America's future.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:39 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's all nonsense, it's all special interests and the lobbyists who pay the tab.

California is a failed state with a failed government and failed representation.

California is a window to America's future.
Scarey, isn't it?

Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 AM

266 posts, read 1,002,558 times
Quote:
I agree with you. I don't believe the Dems or the Repubs have any of the common folks interests at heart. It is all about the power and glory of being a "public servant".

As an example, we have a state senator in our area that was once a die-hard republican. He use to say his heroes were repubs and he was fighting for those ideals. Then, his voting district slowly became democrat dominate. He started to court them and eventually flipped! It was all political expediency. He didn't care about any ideals! It was all about being elected.

I have never seen a better paid and pampered group as our elected officials. I would surely bet that none leaves the congress without having the net worth of a millionaire.

Oh well, we keep electing them.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 AM

433 posts, read 1,618,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Find statics related to what I mentioned and was talking about. I was not talking about illegals compared to other states or the prison population. Are you seriously that dense? Go reread what the hell I wrote and actually attempt to comprehend it b/c you are just all over the place with your BS.

Since you seriously have no clue what I was saying and what you're talking about, I guess I do have to spoon feed it to you like a little child:

Fattest States

Most Dangerous States - WalletPop

The Most (and Least) Educated States - MSN Encarta

Texas: Highest Rate of Uninsured in U.S. - AARP Bulletin Today

And of course I expect you to come up with some excuses or go off on some unrelated tangent like you already have so let me repeat this for the THIRD TIME and maybe you will actually get it:

I'm done with you, I don't have the patience to deal with your simple minded BS. You just don't get it IMO.
Nice sources, so Mississippi has a lot of fat people and your crime source is junk. CA ranks at about the National average for crime if you look at department of justice and FBI statistics, nothing really to be proud of. Thats proves CA has such a high quality of life, lol. I would say a lot of Californians are not loving life right now. I would say that illegals sucking the state dry and a high prison population dont exactly show a higher quality of life compared to other states. Just because someone is "educated" does not mean they are happier or have a higher "quality of life." And it is not the States job to provide health care. But apparantley us simple minded folk just don't get it.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shope View Post
Nice sources, so Mississippi has a lot of fat people and your crime source is junk. CA ranks at about the National average for crime if you look at department of justice and FBI statistics, nothing really to be proud of. Thats proves CA has such a high quality of life, lol. I would say a lot of Californians are not loving life right now. I would say that illegals sucking the state dry and a high prison population dont exactly show a higher quality of life compared to other states. Just because someone is "educated" does not mean they are happier or have a higher "quality of life." And it is not the States job to provide health care.
Gee, what a shock you just have more and more excuses b/c reality sucks when it doesn't fit your viewpoint.

And just so you are aware those crime rankings use FBI data and the source is better than anything you have provided.
Quote:
But apparantley us simple minded folk just don't get it.
Nope, you sure as hell don't and probably never will.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Gee, what a shock you just have more and more excuses b/c reality sucks when it doesn't fit your viewpoint.

And just so you are aware those crime rankings use FBI data and the source is better than anything you have provided.
Nope, you sure as hell don't and probably never will.
Your the one that makes exuses for our POS government that is 24 billion in the hole and continues to drive out business after business. You just like to think you have some quality of life that cannot be attained in other states which is ridiculous. Your "wallet pop" source is junk and does not jive with the statistics from the dept. of justice and the fbi. Keep thinking you are better than everyone else because you live in California.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Your the one that makes exuses for our POS government that is 24 billion in the hole and continues to drive out business after business. Your "wallet pop" source is junk and does not jive with the statistics from the dept. of justice and the fbi.
Not making excuses just providing more in depth detail and reasons aside from the same tired "too much govt, democrats, illegals" bs line repeated over and over. But that concept seems a little too difficult for someone like you too grasp so I can't really expect you to understand anything aside from some right wing talking points.

Also I really don't think you can criticize my sources when you never even provided one for the BS you posted. And like I already said, those crime rankings are derived from FBI stats. But it doesn't matter to you b/c it shows you something you don't want to believe so therefor you'll write it off no matter what. Ignorance is bliss right?
Quote:
You just like to think you have some quality of life that cannot be attained in other states which is ridiculous.
okayyy, I never said that or claimed that. But go ahead and keep making up lies in your head about me to justify your ignorance.
Quote:
Keep thinking you are better than everyone else because you live in California.
hahahhaha, okay and keep making up lies and assumptions about what you think I believe.

Like I said, you just don't get it and never will so might as well stop trying at this point.....

Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Not making excuses just providing more in depth detail and reasons aside from the same tired "too much govt, democrats, illegals" bs line repeated over and over. But that concept seems a little too difficult for someone like you too grasp so I can't really expect you to understand anything aside from some right wing talking points.

Also I really don't think you can criticize my sources when you never even provided one for the BS you posted. And like I already said, those crime rankings are derived from FBI stats. But it doesn't matter to you b/c it shows you something you don't want to believe so therefor you'll write it off no matter what. Ignorance is bliss right?
okayyy, I never said that or claimed that. But go ahead and keep making up lies in your head about me to justify your ignorance.
hahahhaha, okay and keep making up lies and assumptions about what you think I believe.

Like I said, you just don't get it and never will so might as well stop trying at this point.....
There is too much government, how can you say there is not? There are too many illegals. They cost the state upwards of $10 billion a year. CA has been an epic fail with the Democrats in control. They can't even spend less money than they take in, much too difficult of a concept for a Democrat. I guess you just don't get it though.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
There is too much government, how can you say there is not? There are too many illegals. They cost the state upwards of $10 billion a year. CA has been an epic fail with the Democrats in control. They can't even spend less money than they take in, much too difficult of a concept for a Democrat. I guess you just don't get it though.
For the billionth time, I never said those things were not a problem b/c they are. It is just more than just that, CA has serious fundamental flaws with how it is run and that is what I am saying. How many damn times do I need to repeat that for it to finally get through your head? I cannot stand running in a contious circle with you b/c YOU JUST DON'T GET IT. Apparently what I am saying is way too difficult of a concept for your mind to grasp so maybe you ought to stop trying b/c its seriously getting on my nerves. Just accept the fact that you just don't get it and will never get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California