Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Huh ? What did you just say, really? Something about 5 kids, being Catholic and painting - that's all I got .
Not surprising.

Let me guess, a low income Democrat who doesn't pay taxes? No worries, the US tax payer will support the Illegals as long as we provide loop holes like the 14th amendment. Have fun at the trough Illegals, we can't import poverty forever. Sooner or later, "read now" the poor immigrants will take more than we can provide them.

Wow, I just described the CA budget mess. If you are a working tax payer I hope for you that you don't lose your job. Their isn't much left in social services thanks to the parasites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 08:28 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Not surprising.

Let me guess, a low income Democrat who doesn't pay taxes?
No, actually. An Independent who has a crazy preference for sentences that make sense! Gah ! I guess its that college education that has got me thinking that thoughts should be logically communicated. Damn you overpriced education! Damn you!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:31 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,388,424 times
Quote:
How would I illegally enter Mexico ? All you have to do is drive over the border. Obviously you have never been to Rosarito. I pitty you.
Been there done that many times. Of course it was legal. Now for illegal. For example, sneaking into Mexico in the middle of the desert. No record of my entrance. Do you have a friggin' clue about Mexican immigration laws and what happens to those who are caught without authorization to enter the country and are beyond the "tourist" zone?

Quote:
Okay BillyBob, let me give you a hypothetical situation. Let's say the US economy totally collapses. I mean you can't buy a loaf of bread for $15, ok? You are eating canned tuna (or maybe cat food depending on your budget) with crackers every night of the week. You are married with a wife and 3 kids. You are trying to figure out what to do, but the only places hiring pay just enough so you can buy more canned tuna and nothing else. You have resorted to rationing toilet paper, and your youngest child is now in cloth diapers.

The US is in the crapper, Mexico is in the crapper, most of the world is in the crapper. But wait, there is your neighbor to the north who is doing just fine! Canada. The only industrial country on this side of the globe with an economy still intact. Many Americans are desperate to get into Canada. And you are too, but you decide to try the "legal" way first. Well, much to your dismay, the cost of even filing an application is worth more than your whole family makes in three years. What to do, what to do. You are worried about your son turning to a life of crime, or becoming a victim of the local crime groups. And what about your eldest daughter? What will happen to her? Will she end up like so many young women on the streets?

But wait ... you have a friend. He can get you into Canada and get you set up with a job. Maybe you can get across and then send for your family. But (gasp) that would be ... illegal . You can't do anything illegal can you? Can't break a law to provide for your family. Maybe even get your wife to a doctor because she has been sick lately. You can't even afford aspirin, let alone have her see a doctor. No not you HillBilly. You could never break a law. Not even for your own family. What a pillar of nobility and lawfullness you are.
I'm the type of person who would not get into that scenario. I play a long game not a short game. Contingency plans on top of contingency plans. If the world were the way it is depicted in your scenario, I would not continue to live a "normal" life in a developed area. In fact, if things were that bad, other life ways would be the ones that truly successful people pursued - success as defined here is more than just annual pay.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
No, actually. An Independent who has a crazy preference for sentences that make sense! Gah ! I guess its that college education that has got me thinking that thoughts should be logically communicated. Damn you overpriced education! Damn you!
I'm on tethered modem and keep losing comm. Are we talking semantics and grammar or why CA is out of cash. I've also had 6 beers
We should now be on a level playing field, your serve.

I'm also a middle of the stream Libertarian if that helps. Did I spell that correctly or do I have to wait till coffee time tomorrow?

The topic is.......CA out of cash....resume

Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Been there done that many times. Of course it was legal. Now for illegal. For example, sneaking into Mexico in the middle of the desert. No record of my entrance. Do you have a friggin' clue about Mexican immigration laws and what happens to those who are caught without authorization to enter the country and are beyond the "tourist" zone?

I'm the type of person who would not get into that scenario. I play a long game not a short game. Contingency plans on top of contingency plans. If the world were the way it is depicted in your scenario, I would not continue to live a "normal" life in a developed area. In fact, if things were that bad, other life ways would be the ones that truly successful people pursued - success as defined here is more than just annual pay.
When someone is "abusing" the system they will defend the abuse. It is apparently quite easy to defend taking other people's money. Don't we call that the "Gravy train?"

Old 07-08-2009, 08:55 PM

23,206 posts, read 29,014,764 times
Because they don't have enough pesos! I mean, pay-sos!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,388,424 times
Since many here north of the border are completely ignorant of Mexican law, here is an interesting article to help learn about it:

Mexico treats illegal immigrants in its midst harshly - San Bernardino County Sun

Oh and by the way, I have lived in Mexico. So forgive me if I sort of naturally used it as an example, it's one of those familiarity things.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM

If someone wants to donate money to a Church or other giving faction I'm all for it but it really torques me off to see these "do gooders" spout about how we are supposed to adopt these people who are not supposed to be here. If they can come here without costing the US tax payer money, fine. Most cannot as they have figured out the system of free Social Services. You want to give money to them, yippee for you. Keep you hands off of my wallet.

Quick, someone check grammar and spelling for me.

Deflection works both ways my sucking up Social Services Champion.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majin View Post
1. Prop 13.
2. Political gridlock that makes it impossible to pass budgets.
3. Tax law designed to make it impossible to raise taxes.
4. Almost every congressional seat is districted to be "safe" so politicians do not have to fear losing their job.
5. The environmentalist lobby has too much power.
6. Ridiculous amount of freeways to maintain.
7. Illegals don't pay taxes but use our services.
8. We were stupid enough to elect an actor as governor.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:16 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm on tethered modem and keep losing comm. Are we talking semantics and grammar or why CA is out of cash. I've also had 6 beers
We should now be on a level playing field, your serve.

I'm also a middle of the stream Libertarian if that helps. Did I spell that correctly or do I have to wait till coffee time tomorrow?

The topic is.......CA out of cash....resume
I never thought Libertarians could be so funny. I thought they were too busy being angry at Mexicans and having Tea Parties! Thanks for proving me wrong!

I think we both know we will never agree on anything, let alone why California is in this big mess. This discussion could go on for ages. You would still be ranting, and I would still be scratching my head trying to figure out what you had just said .

That being said, I think this whole crash was inevitable. I don't buy into the whole partisan propaganda, and I certainly don't buy into blaming any racial group. I think that for the most part, people are still in the dark about how bad the situation really is and they are trying to feel their way around. They are experiencing a mix of fear, denial, and paranoia.

To be honest, I don't know at what stage of decline we are in, but it is obvious we are somewhere on that downward slope. I think in general, it is wise to prepare for the worst. That way if the worst happens, you're prepared. And if it doesn't, then no loss. Much better to over prepare than be caught unaware. Think Hurricane Katrina.

Your turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California