Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 08:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,714 times

Advertisements

Hello
I have such a dilemma.
I live in a fabulous area with great schools,safe friendly neighbourhood just affordable outside silicon valley. Unfortunately in my area of expertise i will not be able to find a job soon. MY current job just ended and i am buying a private ongoing business in Santa Rosa .
At present I am looking for a great school...private or public, unpretentious yet "high standards" neighbourhood thats safe with access to lakes, biking. My research brought up Austin Creek...Does anyone have any opinions on this school? and the neighbourhood area around it?
My main criteria is to find a great school within 5-10 miles commute of 95401 zipcode( think near The Santa Rosa Mall) and to live close to that zipcode or close to the school.I want to be close enough to fetch my son from school and keep him with me at my work if i am working late.(it will be my own business..whoppee finally no childcare problems!!)
For housing I am looking to rent and then buy in an elegant safe friendly neighbourhood. However we are asian so ideally an open minded progressive area that has both indian/asian/caucasian living there.
I would like to rent where I will eventually buy so as to create as little disturbance for my son as possible.
So to recap (not in a nutshell) :
my son is the main priority: excellent school environment since his friends apart from me will be his "family" (I do not want him coming under the wrong influences...drugs etc).
Second is a great neighbourhood where I can also maybe make friends and its easy to get to activites.
We are used to the Bay Area atmosphere and people (concerts, shows, theater and restaurants ).
My budget for a house is $600,000 Maximum. unless he goes to a public school.
I would really appreciate any useful advice. I am open for valid reasons to live outside Sonoma county but my job is in central Santa Rosa so I have to be able to work around that. I don't want my son to be far from my place of work after school.
Also is it safe for a woman and child to be out in the evenings biking,hiking and camping in the parks and lakes around the area??or just eating out etc? Some posts have mentioned areas to avoid which i will keep in mind and gangs also.
Thank you in advance for reading and taking the time to reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 08:15 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
School Performance Maps may help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California