Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:37 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I think and feel that they are.
At the risk of getting blasted by cynics, i wear a q-link pendant.
Here are a couple of links that might interest you.
The office of my dentist (the best in S.C. county imo ) has her entire office set up with Biopro Technology to protect the staff and patients from "electropollution".
Ahh, ya gotta love CA!

BIOPRO Technology - A New Generation of Wellness Solutions

QLinkProducts.com online Store
Well I guess you live in the right city and state!

Unfortunately there is no credible evidence that the Qlink does anything at all - good or bad. They say it "tune up your biofield through a resonant effect that harmonizes your energy and helps you to navigate more smoothly through a stressful world." Wow. Not one real statement of what it does.

Spending money on garbage like this just perpetuates bad science. We should demand proof that the harm exists, and the device negates it.

Compared to obesity, smoking, and many other proven harmful things - electropollution is negligible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 06:44 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,722,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Well I guess you live in the right city and state!

Unfortunately there is no credible evidence that the Qlink does anything at all - good or bad. They say it "tune up your biofield through a resonant effect that harmonizes your energy and helps you to navigate more smoothly through a stressful world." Wow. Not one real statement of what it does.

Spending money on garbage like this just perpetuates bad science. We should demand proof that the harm exists, and the device negates it.

Compared to obesity, smoking, and many other proven harmful things - electropollution is negligible.
yeah, i can't argue with you.
i don't care one way or the other.
i bought it years ago and i still like to wear it and if it doesn't hurt, no problem.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:22 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,271,197 times
You are zapped thousands of times a day by magnetic fields,radio waves, microwaves,ultraviolet, cosmic radiation, background radiation not to mention the radon, carbon monoxide and the like.
I would not be too concerned about a power pole.
You could of course get one of these.

WoW -> Info -> Items -> Introducing the Tinfoil Hat

Old 07-26-2009, 12:33 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
See my reply to your similar post in the real estate forum.

Power poles and houses

Old 07-26-2009, 12:36 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Is this pendent big enough to climb into, like a Faraday cage?
LOL which is how big it would have to be to be effective Hmm, maybe I can patent a copper wire halo, like those wristbands

Old 07-26-2009, 12:48 PM

Do y'all have enough awareness of the human energy fields and the relation of those fields to other energetic phenomena to know what you're talking (laughing and scoffing) about?
I don't think so.
Science has gone only so far.
Aren't the cancer rates in many areas with those massive power lines quite a bit higher than the national average?
I don't know but i thought so.
So if there is a measurable effect (measurable by way of those higher cancer rates for example) from those giants, wouldn't it be possible that we are being effected (affected?) by the smaller power lines, the computers, the cell phones, etc., etc.?
I don't know.
I'm not that scientifically oriented.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:25 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Do y'all have enough awareness of the human energy fields and the relation of those fields to other energetic phenomena to know what you're talking (laughing and scoffing) about?
Do you?

Most of your posts say "I don't know."

Yet there seems to be little if any evidence for your point of view. Except a list of articles by the maker of snake oil to harmonize energy fields around you.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Do you?

Most of your posts say "I don't know."

Yet there seems to be little if any evidence for your point of view. Except a list of articles by the maker of snake oil to harmonize energy fields around you.
I'm aware of my energy (chi) to a degree, yes.
I have no evidence of the kind you are speaking of, no.
But what i do have is the awareness of the limits of my knowledge which is a good thing as it helps me to not be arrogant.
When i don't know, i'm o.k. with not knowing.
I've been wearing that pendant for many years and bought it based on intuition but i have no proof that it works and no agenda to push it onto anyone else.
I just posed a question in my last post as a way to suggest that perhaps we are being negatively effected by "electropolution".
I said, "So if there is a measurable effect (measurable by way of those higher cancer rates for example) from those giants, wouldn't it be possible that we are being effected (affected?) by the smaller power lines, the computers, the cell phones, etc., etc.?."
Also, i believe that there is gathering evidence that cell phones do have an adverse effect but i haven't done any research so i can't attest to that either.
It does bother me that, if there is a chance that cell phones are harmful, so many young children who have brains that haven't even finished developing, are using them

Last edited by coyoteskye; 07-26-2009 at 09:39 PM..

Old 07-26-2009, 09:55 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Imagine if everything were based on feeling and intuition and not fact. Would you fly in a plane designed by a guy who "felt it should fly" despite no evidence of it's air worthiness?

Old 07-27-2009, 08:56 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by family first View Post
Curious what people know about possible risks of living near or even undeneath power lines. I'm looking at buying a home and there are power lines (on wooden poles) on the edge of the property line, maybe 150' from house. These are not the huge lines on metal towers, but smaller power poles seen along roads. Are there health risks?
We had a pole in our back yard. Back in the 1950's that is how power arrived to your home. My parents old home was built in 1959. Now they place the power lines under ground. They are still there you just can't see them. 2 reasons for that, astetics and safety from falling lines and poles. They are not really concered with any magnetic fields that may be out to get you. You want to stay safe from the power lines? Don't touch them. They are full of smoke. I know for a fact. I saw a line burst and all this smoke came out. Best thing that you can do is leave them alone and make sure the smoke stays in the lines.

Some of you may want to hit up the local community college and sign up for classes. I hear that they teach classes on real science. They may even have classes on how electricity and magenetic fields work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California