Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:58 PM

130 posts, read 524,404 times

Advertisements

its a toss up for me. its really between.... humidity, warm water, and hurricanes (FL) vs. less humidity, very cold water, and hardly any rain (CA). i only visited florida once, and wow....i could not believe how warm the water was . in california the water is just to cold for me to enjoy the beach? im from CA, can someone tell me what a thunderstorm is? joking aside, in CA we get the once a decade big quake and we drive in the rain....like 10-15 times a year max. in FL it seems like you guys are always on hurricane watch or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 08:23 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,389,493 times
California is so vastly superior to Florida culturally and in diversity of topography (moutains, skiing, freshwater alpine lakes, rugged coastline) the weather issue is an afterthought. But it also has much better weather. Florida has great weather in the winter, though, and nice beaches. Florida in my opinion is best enjoyed as a winter vacation destination.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:09 PM

66 posts, read 268,695 times
AHH!! I cant make up my mind either between CA and FL .

Old 08-15-2010, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 8,773 times
I love Florida, I live in Cali now but I so miss Florida and it's not all sticky hot if you live near the ocean, Cali gets so cold living near the ocean. what do you prefer, (FL) white soft sand, crystal blue warm water hammer head sharks , or (CA) tan rough sand, rocks, dark cold water with big waves good for surfing and great white sharks. Both have palm tree's and great boating areas.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:01 AM

3 posts, read 8,773 times
The best thing to do is buy or rent a house/apt in both places and go back n forth during the year do half and half. Thats what I might end up doing.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:52 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,245 times
I like California's weather in general, but at times (such as now) it would be nice to have a little variety and excitement... I miss the thunderstorms, and even humidity every now and then. It just helps makes summer feel like summer.

So far, since the rains in January, we have had one very weak thunderstorm (no rain though). That's it. The rest of the time, clear skies, bone dry, and below average temperatures.

California's weather is a love hate relationship. I love knowing dead certain that I can go out on the weekend and enjoy doing stuff outdoors. Hell, I can plan trips weeks in advance knowing the weather will be nice. Can't do that everywhere... On the flip side however, I'd also like a little excitement once and awhile.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:04 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,852,517 times
Just came back from a trip to FL, it was hot and humid. First few days it was an effort to keep up with hydration. The pool water was so hot I could not stay in it for more than 5 minutes. After 2-3 days got used to it which means I planned my day with many AC breaks. The difficult part, going from CA was the fact that it does not cool down at night. This has its plus though, no sweaters needed.

CA is dry heat for the most part. As far as the thunderstorms in FL, well we get the wild fires/earthquakes in CA, add mud slides to the list and it is totally fun. The nature was beautiful in FL, it is very artificial in Southern CA.

Editorial; When I say CA, I mean LA/Orange counties.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:37 PM

514 posts, read 686,511 times
skiing in Florida stinks.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:54 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,986,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
Just came back from a trip to FL, it was hot and humid. First few days it was an effort to keep up with hydration. The pool water was so hot I could not stay in it for more than 5 minutes. After 2-3 days got used to it which means I planned my day with many AC breaks. The difficult part, going from CA was the fact that it does not cool down at night. This has its plus though, no sweaters needed.

CA is dry heat for the most part. As far as the thunderstorms in FL, well we get the wild fires/earthquakes in CA, add mud slides to the list and it is totally fun. The nature was beautiful in FL, it is very artificial in Southern CA.

Editorial; When I say CA, I mean LA/Orange counties.
Apparently Cold Creek Canyon Preserve in the Santa Monica Mountains (Los Angeles County), the San Gabriel Wilderness in the San Gabriel Mountains (again, Los Angeles County), the Santa Catalina Island backcountry (guess where?) and the remote canyons and ridges of the western slope of the Santa Ana Mountains (Orange County) are 'very artificial'...

Old 08-15-2010, 10:25 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
It's much too humid in Florida. CA has the best weather in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California