Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 08:12 PM

8 posts, read 158,535 times

Advertisements

I am very skinny guy, almost no fat in my body so i getting cold when everyone else not.

I currently live in SF and thinking to move to somewhere else where winds are not so strong, the weather is basically only preference, and not only summer weather, but year over. Because right now in SF its okay during the day, but from evenings and morning wind is so high that i am freezing.

I were thinking to go into Florida, though its so rainy there and someone told me its not so cold in Los Angeles, can someone confirm that, because i don't see the difference SF located at same ocean side as LS why it will be different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 08:45 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,731,484 times
I've lived in both. Los Angeles is far warmer overall than San Francisco, or at least the city of San Francisco. I haven't lived right on or near the water in LA, but during visits to those parts of the LA area I still didn't experience the level of fog and dampness that's so typical of parts of SF. We lived in Hollywood, which was much warmer than SF, and in South Pasadena, which was warmer still. Don't live right on the beach and you should be warm, or very possibly outright hot for part of the year.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:08 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
the weather is basically only preference, and not only summer weather, but year over. Because right now in SF its okay during the day, but from evenings and morning wind is so high that i am freezing.
It's interesting that someone would want to leave a relatively mild weather environment, find a new job, find a new home, deal with all the unknowns, find new friends, etc just because it might be a little warmer elsewhere.

Why not just buy a warmer jacket?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:45 AM

8 posts, read 158,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's interesting that someone would want to leave a relatively mild weather environment, find a new job, find a new home, deal with all the unknowns, find new friends, etc just because it might be a little warmer elsewhere.

Why not just buy a warmer jacket?
I were living in SF for less than month i am actually student from abroad, so i dont lose anything actually i just need to change school. I don't like to wear jacket at home even during very hot hours in SF its still very cold inside house. And anyway my hands and face gets really cold during strong wind whatever i wear.

Its not just little warmer, LA at lest 10 degree F warmer than in SF according to annual average. But what about wind is it same strong since LA near the same ocean as SF, wind strength is same?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:55 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,950 times
Quote:
I were living in SF for less than month i am actually student from abroad, so i dont lose anything actually i just need to change school. I don't like to wear jacket at home even during very hot hours in SF its still very cold inside house. And anyway my hands and face gets really cold during strong wind whatever i wear.

Its not just little warmer, LA at lest 10 degree F warmer than in SF according to annual average. But what about wind is it same strong since LA near the same ocean as SF, wind strength is same?
How 'bout Phoenix Arizona?
It sounds like you need year round warmth ... or you need to find a way to increase your metabolism / get your inner fire going so you're not so effected by the cool and cold.
The combination of cool and damp can be difficult though.
I understand.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:02 PM

273 posts, read 655,226 times
You don't have to go far from SF to warm up. The city has it's own weather and it's not shared at all by any of the East Bay cities. In fact, it gets hotter in the Sac Delta region than it does in a lot of SoCal. But, if you don't want to freeze in that icy SF wind, then I wouldn't. I moved to 2 different climates, deep South and desert and lasted a year in each.

SoCal coastal is for me. 45 degrees to 80 and that's the year round numbers. Afternoon breezes.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:22 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
I am very skinny guy, almost no fat in my body so i getting cold when everyone else not.

I currently live in SF and thinking to move to somewhere else where winds are not so strong, the weather is basically only preference, and not only summer weather, but year over. Because right now in SF its okay during the day, but from evenings and morning wind is so high that i am freezing.

I were thinking to go into Florida, though its so rainy there and someone told me its not so cold in Los Angeles, can someone confirm that, because i don't see the difference SF located at same ocean side as LS why it will be different?
Here are the weather averages for the Los Angeles Airport, which is only 3 miles from the coast (so it's cool by Southern Cal standards). Further inland would be warmer in summer (maybe a lot warmer, depending on location), maybe a little cooler on winter evenings:

Average Weather for Los Angeles International Airport, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

Old 08-16-2009, 01:30 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Coachella Valley. I freeze too every single time I go to the Bay Area. I dread going up there and can't wait to get back home to the desert where it's nice and warm. Unfortunately, all the in-laws live in the Bay Area and we have to go up and visit them. They rarely come here because it's too hot for them, and if I complain about being cold they think I'm crazy and look at me like I've got six heads or something.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:52 PM

101 posts, read 607,987 times
Bay Area is FAR superior to SoCal. If I could be blessed with a job up there, I'd be out the door before the lights turned off.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:22 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,289,684 times
The Bay has Micro Climates. It may 55 and cloudy in SF and a short 10 min drive across the Bay Bridge to Oakland it can be sunny and 70. Then drive another 20 mins further in the east bay it can be 100 degree's. If you're too cold in SF why not just drive to were the heat is. It's not far. When it's too hot over here In Oakland we actually go over to SF to cool off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California