Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 08:44 PM

69 posts, read 448,655 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I'm looking into different areas in California to eventually relocate to and it would be awesome if someone on here could tell me some good areas to look into for someone just out of College trying to start a new life. I love mexican culture and native americans and south cali draws me to this kind of area for that reason. Also I need to find a job in human resources as well lol. Thanks in advance for any help with this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 09:07 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Try Santa Ana or Huntington Park to get a good dose of Mexican culture.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:06 PM

325 posts, read 1,473,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Man View Post
Hi everyone I'm looking into different areas in California to eventually relocate to and it would be awesome if someone on here could tell me some good areas to look into for someone just out of College trying to start a new life. I love mexican culture and native americans and south cali draws me to this kind of area for that reason. Also I need to find a job in human resources as well lol. Thanks in advance for any help with this
Not California, but you should look into San Antonio. Probably one of the most Mexican cities in the US and it's a lot more easy than LA. Unless, of course, you're looking for the pulse of SoCal.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:07 AM

69 posts, read 448,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw68 View Post
Not California, but you should look into San Antonio. Probably one of the most Mexican cities in the US and it's a lot more easy than LA. Unless, of course, you're looking for the pulse of SoCal.
Yeah I guess I am looking for the pulse lol. I want to live in an area that has a good night life and just many things to do and different kinds of people to meet. Obviously I also need a good job to support myself but thats kind of what I'm looking for. Also I love beaches. Thanks for the advice

Old 04-29-2007, 12:56 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,095 times
IMO, there is a BIG difference between authentic mexican culture and illegal mexican culture who live the so cal lifestyle.
Not much native american lifestyle near the beaches of so cal that I know if.
Try NM or TX.
New generation Mexicans here seem to think they are owed everything from the government just because they came here illegally.
The kids of these people seem to think living poor but having new cars and the "look rich and keep up with the Joneses" is the way to go.
Not authentic at all.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:22 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,016,016 times
Also, people in California call it "California". Not "Cali".

Old 04-29-2007, 02:59 PM

77 posts, read 632,557 times
Venice in LA ,it has this Bohemian artsy atmosphere ,interesting architecture and colorful funky streets with live music .Maybe not the Spanish/Mexican culture you're looking for ,but it is a very hip area .

San Juan Capistrano city in south OC has Spanish architecture ,and the Mexican culture atmosphere ,but I wont recommend it for a 20yrs old ,it is boring there for ur age group ,and most likely you need to commute to Irvine for the job .

Old 04-29-2007, 04:11 PM

193 posts, read 1,402,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgee View Post
IMO, there is a BIG difference between authentic mexican culture and illegal mexican culture who live the so cal lifestyle.
Not much native american lifestyle near the beaches of so cal that I know if.
Try NM or TX.
New generation Mexicans here seem to think they are owed everything from the government just because they came here illegally.
The kids of these people seem to think living poor but having new cars and the "look rich and keep up with the Joneses" is the way to go.
Not authentic at all.

Amen to that! This is sooooo true. This is what I have to remind some people of when I share how the people in Mexico are not the same as the (illegal)Mexicans here.

I hate when Anglos assume that the illegals here or that Tijuana is an example of what Mexico is like. I have been to some awesome places in Mexico where some of the most warmest friendliest people live. There are many who don't have much but they share what they have. I can't wait to take a trip there again. Maybe the Yucitan...oh I would love that.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 8,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Man View Post
San Diego 15 minutes from mexico ,14 min from eastern indian reservations, human resource job sources our plentiful, beautiful beaches, women, clean downtown, plenty of young proffessionals in Pacific Beach and Downtown near Gaslamp. You will need to find roomate beacuse rent is not cheap anywhere in socal or rent a room at a private house for apx. 500.00 month.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 PM

18 posts, read 31,399 times
In in his mothers house or over the family's garage till he's forty-seven and grown up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California