Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 09:48 PM

11 posts, read 36,570 times

Advertisements

What kind of bugs does Santa Rosa have to deal with? Are there lots of mesquitos or nats? Are there any bugs that keep you indoor's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
http://www.hauntedprops.com/ProductImages/aaaaaair/morr-lk20728.jpg (broken link)
A lot of these have been showing up in houses and motels in Santa Rosa. They like to crawl into bed with people at night. No need to worry though. They're not nearly as bad as the bugs in Folsom.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:55 PM

807 posts, read 1,303,112 times
maybe by the rivers or by bodies of water, lots of mosquitos particularly in the Russian River area..

Old 08-25-2009, 05:46 PM

63 posts, read 293,229 times
Default No bugs at all it seems, except ants.

I have lived in Santa Rosa, Rohnert park, Petaluma, and noe the Russian river area. I have not experienced any mosquito bites here. Basically it seems there are no bugs here, I have lived in Kansas, it hd knats, flies and grasshoppers. Also I lived in Florida and there were large cockroaches, one even crawled across my shirt as I was watching tv inside.
The only thing that is a little annoying is the small ants that stream in a freeway into any food source you leave out, in my place its the pepsi. As I am sitting here the place where I sit my drink is where within 30 minutes they car swarm after their forager has reported back about the available pepsi. A month full of ants and their stinky scent trail is horrible.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccaluma View Post
I have lived in Santa Rosa, Rohnert park, Petaluma, and noe the Russian river area. I have not experienced any mosquito bites here. Basically it seems there are no bugs here, I have lived in Kansas, it hd knats, flies and grasshoppers. Also I lived in Florida and there were large cockroaches, one even crawled across my shirt as I was watching tv inside.
The only thing that is a little annoying is the small ants that stream in a freeway into any food source you leave out, in my place its the pepsi. As I am sitting here the place where I sit my drink is where within 30 minutes they car swarm after their forager has reported back about the available pepsi. A month full of ants and their stinky scent trail is horrible.
I think you should an experiment. Get a saucer and add some water to it, maybe 1/8 - 1/4 " deep. Now put a coaster in it for your drink to sit on.
See if the rotten little ants find your Pepsi. Will they smell it and come around, or do they need to actually access the Pepsi. Have lots of fun!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:58 AM

11 posts, read 36,570 times
Thanks Roccaluma,
Sounds like bugs are not much of a conversation or problem in the area. In Northern Arizona we have nats that are out most of spring that go after your face while outdoors. No kidding, they try to get into your ears, eyes and nose. You are constantly swatting. I have knocked my glasses off a few times. Every year it is the same, we have neighbors that have moved elsewhere after tiring of this issue. So we have our reasons for inquiring about future locations. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California