Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 PM

434 posts, read 1,106,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Granite Bay. Good schools, safe streets, low crime, affordable to the middle class. Not too many suburbs like that in California anymore.
Unfortunately Granite Bay there are not many homes under $325k either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 PM

Maybe Cali is just to rich of an area!! Well the nicer parts.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:07 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
There are quite a few homes in Granite Bay for under 325k. I don't know what sites or where you are looking but I see several. Including a few single family homes that are over 2000 square feet. Most for under 300k actually. A lot of people think Granite Bay is some sort of unattainable community, but we have a pretty stable and established middle class element as well.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:12 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
Correct 100 isn't to bad with low humidity. So Phoenix wouldn't bother them to much. (mom more than dad)
Have you ever visited Phoenix in the summer? It gets way above 100 (more like 115). And when it is that hot everyone stays indoors. The sun and heat are oppressive. It literally feels like an oven when you walk outside. But maybe your folks don't go out much anymore so it wouldn't bother them too much. As long as you have good A/C and stay indoors its not too bad. But for a young person who likes to be active it would be a challenge IMO.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 PM

Can you send me a link? Weird thing is in most suburbs of Phoenix $325,000 will get you a BEAUTIFUL home.
15441 West Becker Lane, Surprise AZ - Trulia
3297 204th St., Queen Creek AZ 85242 | Homes.com
Beautiful to me, I dont know about to you RICH Californians

Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Have you ever visited Phoenix in the summer? It gets way above 100 (more like 115). And when it is that hot everyone stays indoors. The sun and heat are oppressive. It literally feels like an oven when you walk outside. But maybe your folks don't go out much anymore so it wouldn't bother them too much. As long as you have good A/C and stay indoors its not too bad. But for a young person who likes to be active it would be a challenge IMO.
The average is around 105-106 but yes It does get very hot. They were looking in Queen Creek which is 3-4 degrees cooler. There only 62 and 49. They were also looking in Rio Rancho of New Mexico. We visited that area, I wish there was more higher class places and people there. Where we live now there are a lot of hicks and trashy people...People that choose to be, I'm not making fun of poor people.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
The average Californian does not even make 65k a year, what on earth makes you think we are rich?

Just go to remax or some site and type in a search if you want to find local listings.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Can you send me a link? Weird thing is in most suburbs of Phoenix $325,000 will get you a BEAUTIFUL home.
15441 West Becker Lane, Surprise AZ - Trulia
3297 204th St., Queen Creek AZ 85242 | Homes.com
Beautiful to me, I dont know about to you RICH Californians
If a Big, Beautiful, Newer, Cheaper home is really their dream then CA is not for you or your family - bottom line. The main driving cost for homes is the land - location. So you can find a lot of places in the US where land is cheaper than in CA. Its a quality of life issue which everyone has a different definition of. If the bigger, newer house = higher quality of life over more modest home in a more desirable location then that is fine. No place is perfect but rather a trade off of a unique set pros/cons. As long as your parents are realistic about the cons in living in NM/AZ then that is probably best for them - over a smaller, possibly older home in CA.

Derek

Old 09-09-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
The average Californian does not even make 65k a year, what on earth makes you think we are rich?

Just go to remax or some site and type in a search if you want to find local listings.
How do you guys afford 500k+ houses then?

I
Quote:
f a Big, Beautiful, Newer, Cheaper home is really their dream then CA is not for you or your family - bottom line. The main driving cost for homes is the land - location. So you can find a lot of places in the US where land is cheaper than in CA. Its a quality of life issue which everyone has a different definition of. If the bigger, newer house = higher quality of life over more modest home in a more desirable location then that is fine. No place is perfect but rather a trade off of a unique set pros/cons. As long as your parents are realistic about the cons in living in NM/AZ then that is probably best for them - over a smaller, possibly older home in CA.
What you say the cons of NM are?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
What you say the cons of NM are?
Well, thats a very relative question based on the area of NM and what things one likes/dislikes. I have relatives in Albuquerque who like it there for example. So its good for them. For me the area is too hot, dry, dirty and dusty. I prefer Santa Fe as it is closer to the mtns and I just like the vibe of the town better. But more than NM I prefer CO next door which is where we lived for a number of years prior to moving back to CA. But for me I really don't want to live anywhere in the middle of the country which is that far from the coast long term.

As I said everyone has different goals/priorities/likes/dislikes. If NM is a good fit for you and your family then thats great. The key is to realistically look at the pros/cons vs. glossing over the cons of an area while looking at those big, newer homes through rose colored glasses.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California