Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:48 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
The way the world is right now, "God's" not doing much blessing. What about the kids who develop cancer? What blessings have they received?
We have to know pain in order to know joy.

A person cannot say they are happy if they've never been sad.

Also, cancer in the grand scheme of eternity quite frankly is nothing if we indeed believe that this life is a preparatory stage for something bigger after we leave it.

Perhaps its the opportunity for that child's family to show their faith? Perhaps its their opportunity to rediscover their faith?

Some do increase their faith, some let the opportunity to be blessed in times of trial pass them by.

We quite frankly don't know-but if we truly believe that the Master of Ocean and Earth and Sky(as the hymn goes) is capable of working miracles.-if we ever had one modicum of faith in our entire lives-then this would be the time to use it.

And if it be the Lord's will to sheperd his lamb back home-then that enfermed child is in pain no more and has conquered this life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 08:37 AM

169 posts, read 764,775 times
Thank you 18 Montclair.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:55 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Also, cancer in the grand scheme of eternity quite frankly is nothing if we indeed believe that this life is a preparatory stage for something bigger after we leave it.

Perhaps its the opportunity for that child's family to show their faith? Perhaps its their opportunity to rediscover their faith?

Some do increase their faith, some let the opportunity to be blessed in times of trial pass them by.

We quite frankly don't know-but if we truly believe that the Master of Ocean and Earth and Sky(as the hymn goes) is capable of working miracles.-if we ever had one modicum of faith in our entire lives-then this would be the time to use it.

And if it be the Lord's will to sheperd his lamb back home-then that enfermed child is in pain no more and has conquered this life.
More circular illogical arguments. Maybe this, maybe that.

Are you one of the sick parents that subjects their kids to this?

YouTube - Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp ''Highlights'' )

Old 09-12-2009, 10:02 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Of all of the posts I've read from you on cities, etc, etc - I never imagined you were a religious nut. It's like I don't even know you anymore!

Just kidding, obviously.

I'm entirely fine with people having their own beliefs - everyone is free to think up whatever logical or illogical idea(s) about the world that they want and I think it's fantastic.

And if you keep it to yourself and within your home, I think that's the tops. Bring some of these ideas out into the open and atleast be okay with someone laughing and thinking you're a nut, because they are ridiculous, no offense.

If I had to sum up my thoughts in under 2 minutes, the opening to George Carlin's 'Religion is Bullsh*t' is a good place to start. Now, I studied History and Anthropology in college and I love to get more in depth, but there is something so classic and joyous about a hilarious Carlin insight.

YouTube - George Carlin - Religion is bull****.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Of all of the posts I've read from you on cities, etc, etc - I never imagined you were a religious nut. It's like I don't even know you anymore!

Just kidding, obviously.

I'm entirely fine with people having their own beliefs - everyone is free to think up whatever logical or illogical idea(s) about the world that they want and I think it's fantastic.

And if you keep it to yourself and within your home, I think that's the tops. Bring some of these ideas out into the open and atleast be okay with someone laughing and thinking you're a nut, because they are ridiculous, no offense.

If I had to sum up my thoughts in under 2 minutes, the opening to George Carlin's 'Religion is Bullsh*t' is a good place to start. Now, I studied History and Anthropology in college and I love to get more in depth, but there is something so classic and joyous about a hilarious Carlin insight.

YouTube - George Carlin - Religion is bull****.
No offense taken whatsoever.

But why do you get to tell us about George Carlin but we don't get to talk about Jesus? I'm supposed to keep it to myself and in my home? Sorry-I'm not ashamed. If the people in SF and Oakland arent able to shame me out of my faith-there's no way in hell that George Carlin will.

Sorry.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
More circular illogical arguments. Maybe this, maybe that.

Are you one of the sick parents that subjects their kids to this?

YouTube - Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp ''Highlights'' )
Actually I was raised by parents who lived by example. That's all it took.

Wow-so much animosity towards faith.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:08 PM

And speaking of Geoge Carlin, I wouldnt be surprised if he's singing a different tune now.

LOL

Old 09-12-2009, 01:14 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
How could he be? He's dead.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
How could he be? He's dead.
Exactly.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:35 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
I realize this is a bit off the topic, but do they offer kayaking and sailing for the kids at Jesus Camp?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California