Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:22 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,768,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSmiling View Post
My life is so much better having Him in it, I automatically want to share my joy with others.
My bowel movements bring me a lot of joy, but I don't feel compelled to talk about them in a public forum. Wait, I just did!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 11:32 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,725,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
This is debatable.
agreed
and it's presumptive.
and nationalism is antiquated. (old "habits" die hard)
and "god bless america" precludes the interest of the world as a whole, or at best, puts it (the world) second.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 AM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,025 times
Quote:
Wow, I must say the responses to this thread REALLY surprise me.
Never, ever did I think I would get such negative responses. Silly me,
I actually thought people would show me some sympathy for being in such a horrific situation.
Regardless of your political, religious, or non religious beliefs I was simply trying to have us stop for a minute and be thankful - in any form you want to say thanks. The days after 9/11 really brought us together as a country, and I think we have lapsed in that.
I say thanks God, and those are the words that I use. You certainly don't have to and I wasn't trying to make some religious discussion out of it.
My life is so much better having Him in it, I automatically want to share my joy with others.
Him? As in God? God is a male? As in a human male? Shows the brainwashing of religion by a male dominated barbaric society thousands of years ago. Calling God a he as if God has a gender. That makes no sense what so ever. The human race is actually arrogant enough to believe that God would take shape after us. We are not the only living beings in the universe.

If god was a loving god there would be no suffering.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:10 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Quote:
The days after 9/11 really brought us together as a country
The emphathy shown directly after 9/11 is a beautiful human reaction that all human beings everywhere, regardless of country, would have felt for their own people and in most cases, would have felt for all people.

What's more beautiful is that this empathy shown is far more than was ever shown by your Biblical God. He's pretty much a disappointment, if you ask me.

What really disappoints me, though, is the view that country and nationalism come before humanity, as if we're all so different and also defined by political lines. Do you feel any sympathy for the innocents that have been slaughtered in reaction to 9/11? "Terrorism" has now become a word that means nothing to me. Code Orange, Code Yellow means absolutely nothing. Your own government mislead you into a war which is still being waged, and the results are disgusting. Iraq, alone, due to totalitarian war, has lost well over 1 million people (totalitarian war, not simply U.S. bombs).

What are 3,000 American lives who perished on 9/11 vs. around 1.5 million in the Middle East - many of whom were innocents? Do they have value too or if you perished in the U.S. in 2001, are you given greater value?

You know what, I'm completely over 9/11 and everything it has been used for.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:30 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Shows the brainwashing of religion by a male dominated barbaric society thousands of years ago. Calling God a he as if God has a gender. That makes no sense what so ever. The human race is actually arrogant enough to believe that God would take shape after us. We are not the only living beings in the universe.

If god was a loving god there would be no suffering.
Exactly.

People are either rational and open minded or they are not.

Ask a religious person if they consider themselves open minded. Then ask them if it is possible god doesn't exist. See if the answers are the same.

Religiosity is brainwashing in the mildest sense - if it isn't legitimately considered mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California