Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 06:29 PM

442 posts, read 1,578,359 times

Advertisements

So I'm a Florida girl, and after a recent visit to California, I've decided that it would be my kinda place to live. It's exactly like Florida, except better.
Right now I have a close relative that lives there, but he will be soon moving out of the area.

I know it's important to be smart about such a move, so I'm in no rush. I'm going to take my time to save up money for awhile and build up my resume before I start looking into this very closely.

But what is the best way to find roommates when you're making a movie across the country? Before you suggest it, I've already thought to ask my relative if he has any recommendations. In case that doesn'tpan out, I'm looking for other options. Would it be best to look for people here who are also looking to make the trek, or someone who already has a room in California?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 06:30 PM

442 posts, read 1,578,359 times
P.S. This is my second visit to California. I've been once before and at that time had no real desire to make a move. This time after my 2nd visit, I do..so I know it's not just some whim

Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,723,383 times
People these days tend to freak out about Craigslist but it's a good resource and many people use it to find housing.
Just as you would if you found an advertisement in the newspaper or on a bulletin board, be cautious, never give personal information (as in address, bank account info, etc.) to anyone over the internet and don't commit to any situation and do not give information or money until you have met with the person or people (not just talked with them over the phone) and have found them to be o.k..
There are scams on Craigslist and more so lately but you just gotta be careful.
The majority of people who use Craigslist are just trying to find a place to live, buy a car, find a roommate, find a job, etc..
It's also a good way to get a sense of housing prices in any given area.
Like i said, there are scams but most of the ads are legit and you can often know when something isn't cool because the price will tend to be well below the going market rate for a rental.
craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California