Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2007, 04:03 AM

3 posts, read 11,351 times

Advertisements

I need a California license have had a Florida license that is expired possibly suspended have some tickets on. This was in or before 2004. Will California let me get a license? What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 06:33 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,017,229 times
Contact the DMV .....

Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Yeah, I'm sure they'll let you have a license, why not? It's best to call DMV and make an appointment rather than just to go in there because if you go in without an appointment you better plan on taking a sleeping bag and food supplies with you.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,592,603 times
These days, I believe that most state's DMVs are linked by computer, so you may need to clear those old tickets before California will allow you to get a license. I've heard of this happening to people I know. In other words, if your license was suspended or no longer valid in another state, there's a good chance you won't be able to get one here. I am not absolutely certain that is the case, however, so, as stated earlier, your best bet is to contact the DMV.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 PM

149 posts, read 1,022,666 times
My daughter was afraid to get CA license due to a possible warrant and for driving with out a license in another state. She got her CA license no problem.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:54 PM

152 posts, read 627,913 times
Post Cdl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenial View Post
My daughter was afraid to get CA license due to a possible warrant and for driving with out a license in another state. She got her CA license no problem.
Several points:

I think there is a question involving "suspended license" that presents itself. if so, it's best to tell the truth.

Yes, MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!!!!! It does go much faster and you can do it online. But still, take a book or something and get there a little early. Have all necessary paperwork with you, too.
http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/dep...r-vehicles.php
(posted in the interest of helping an out-of-stater)

I would definitely look into clearing up those Florida issues. If they are bad enough, they could even issue an arrest warrant for "failure to appear" that might follow you to here. Arrest warrants have no state boundaries.

You also have to re-register your vehicle within 10 days of moving here.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 AM

3 posts, read 11,351 times
Default Thanks for the info.

Thanks to everyone for the info and suggestions. I have an appointment with the DMV this morning......wish me luck!

Thanks again! -VLC-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California