Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 11:48 AM

6 posts, read 14,748 times

Advertisements

Hello, found your thread by googling this morning Wed Oct 14? And of course wondering how yr trip out (the q was which route was the best considering sev'l options, Dec driving); I just wonder how you chose to go to Susanville from Denver and what route you will take?

Sounds like you have been there before...What can you tell me about the area? I am looking at land (best airport to land I think will be Reno?) and it is now October, snow already or? I am into wilderness and hiking and unusual "u nfound" places (bit of a little tomgirl explorer here) been loving CO for 32 years...time for something different. I would live there a few mos and def not in winter unless...a special guy were there to warm me up. And mine will not leave Denver, sigh...so I will use the land for spring or summer use and explore the Lassen area. Especially the kind of Yellowstone mud pots and boiling waters, I really want to photograph in this area (a love of mine besides gardening)

I wonder how hard it is to get water (always a consideration when living in the West as we do anywhere, I garden and my land if purchased would be hilly and 40 miles no of Susanville?) I imagine it is dry since sagebrush is present...reminds me of Western Slope, CO.

Any suggestions? How close are you to the Sierras and how close to Lassen National Park with Volcanic formations? any help from anyone on the places to go and see, I know Eagle Lake is 20 miles so of property, my dog and I will visit often to walk...I wouldn't live here in the winter but imagine it would be beautiful. I am still "in love" with CO been here so long but seeking something different to refresh my spirit, something a bit "less popular" and more remote.

Thanks.

Last edited by WordFlowers; 10-14-2009 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: noticed she hadn't been on trip yet? duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California