Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:22 PM

257 posts, read 407,424 times

Advertisements

To me, there's too many illegal Mexicans. Other than that problem, the state is fine. But yeah, if people are actually LEAVING and can't wait to get out, than there's indeed a problem. I suspect it's probably because of all the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,467,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Even as our population grows, our food production rises and standard of living goes up. Our cities grow enormously, but never seem to run out out of space.
That's got to be the most preposterous denial of in-our-face reality I've ever seen! But as I've said before, conservatives tend to think in terms of hypothetical constructs and generally ignore on-the-ground outcomes that don't align with their dogma. But if you truly believe that, dude...you must be smoking a lot of what George Carlin was smoking.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:58 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,722,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
To me, there's too many illegal Mexicans. Other than that problem, the state is fine. But yeah, if people are actually LEAVING and can't wait to get out, than there's indeed a problem. I suspect it's probably because of all the illegals.
Can i say on city-data-forum, "oh shut up"?
If i can .....
Oh Shut Up!!!!!!!!
God what toxic crud.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
You stated earlier that humans are behind every major problem in the world. Let me explain why your contention that humans are the cause of the worlds destruction is wrong.

Even as our population grows, our food production rises and standard of living goes up. Our cities grow enormously, but never seem to run out out of space. Why?

The answer is because even as our population grows in absolute terms, we are constantly finding new ways to solve problems (overpopulation for example). We solved the problem of overpopulation by increasing production, efficiency and by building skyscrapers (building up). For this reason, our population increases exponentially every year but we never run out of cheap food and housing.

We will eventually solve the problem of deforestation (paper subsitute) and global warming (renewable energy) through the spontaneous mechanisms of the marketplace. No intervention neccessary. No need to return to the caves.

The human brain is not whats wrong with the world, it actually represents natures greatest acheivement.
Interesting perception.
Wow.
Ummmmmmm,
Here's a river you're probably familiar with.
It's called de Nile.
Seriously.
Dude.

What's Happened to California???-map-nile-river.jpg

Old 10-23-2009, 08:32 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Interesting perception.
Wow.
Ummmmmmm,
Here's a river you're probably familiar with.
It's called de Nile.
Seriously.
Dude.
Coyoteskye, your Santa Cruz drum circle is looking for you. They miss their metronome!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Coyoteskye, your Santa Cruz drum circle is looking for you. They miss their metronome!
It's understandable that you would assume something like that about me.
And i am listening to reggae on KKUP (KKUP Cupertino - 91.5 FM - Non-Commercial People's Radio) at the moment.
Jah .... RastafariIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIiI
And i was just cleaning some resin out of my little bong ...
and cuddling with my dog and getting my patchouli all over her ....
and .......
Should i go on?
But it's lazy to classify me like that especially since i'm not who you think i am.
Not really.
But i know you're just playin.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:20 PM

102 posts, read 337,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
People like to beat up on the big guy. That's what that's about. It's a small-minded way to handle things, in my opinion.
Yea...I agree, people don't always look at the bigger picture. I can see their point of view as far as being upset when they can no longer afford their home because it has attracted higher incomes from bigger states and started the gentrification process forcing them out....I can see why it makes it hard for them to be accepting. Everyone has the right to find the best possible place to live- whether that be in California, Minnesota, <insert location here>, etc...

Old 10-24-2009, 06:39 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,474,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Admitedly, my only source is people whom I personally know who have either left, are in the process of leaving, or (the largest of the three groups) would like to leave. At my place of work, 90% of those whom retire leave California like the next day!

So, I my statement is not based on statistical information. It's based on first hand experience.
I have experienced the other side of the spectrum; quite a few CA natives moving into our little po dunk town. They take their California equity and live like kings here. Our downtown is being "revitalized" (yeah right) and guess what about half the cars dowtown have on them...California license plates. I'm not BS'ing anyone here, I see this alot lately. But I also have to add that it seems California will always have people moving IN as well. Like me after my house sells:-)

Old 10-24-2009, 06:49 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
But it's lazy to classify me like that especially since i'm not who you think i am.
Not really.
But i know you're just playin.
Yup! Playin' be me. Glad you recognize it for what it is.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:02 PM

4,898 posts, read 3,357,694 times
There are definitely news articles and stats to support that assumption. Most of the people coming to California are primarily immigrants from foreign countries (legal and illegal). I'd definitely like to leave myself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California