Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 01:19 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,926,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Do you always have to be so even-handed?
Fair is fair. R66 has as much right to air his take on things as do those who disagree with him. He's certainly not some 1 post drive-by troll looking to start a flame war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 01:49 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Fair is fair. R66 has as much right to air his take on things as do those who disagree with him.
Not really:

Quote:
Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.
//www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-13-2010, 02:03 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,962,233 times
I just read the OP of the person who started this thread. I was interested in his question because I have relatives in different parts of CA. Somehow the thread took a very heavy turn - concentrating on folks pitching against Mexicans. I don't think the OPoster is still on his own thread!

What are the other factors he is asking about, aside from what many of you are saying about illegals/Mexicans? There's got to be more reasons why so many are disgruntled with your beautiful state. Or, are you saying that the economy (as in the youtube thing I posted a few pages back) is ALL to do with the illegals??

Finally, what is your dear governor doing about the financial woes?

Old 08-13-2010, 02:13 PM

514 posts, read 686,421 times
In a nutshell, some people are unhappy. Unhappy people are more likely to post on their unhappiness than happy people, I and a few others try to balance that.

California is a great state, but, for myself, I would not live in the Bay area or the SoCal mess.

I moved to Boston out of high school in California, I was so miserable back there, cold, no mountains, too gawd danged many trees. Big City. Yet, you, and many others like it.

I voted with my feet and left, many folks don't want to do that, they want to dig a deep rut and complain from the bottom of it.

The economy? it is unfixable, I try not to worry about the unfixable, kinda like, I know I will be dead someday, but I don't dwell on that.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:15 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You lost me. You're saying that the white supremacist are supporting the terrorist?
Yes. Because of the anti-Semitic feelings most white supremists groups hold towards the Jews they believe they hold common ground with Islamic terrorists groups. My daughter, when she was a headstrong teenager, became involved via internet with a man called Billy Roper and his compatriot Phil Holthoff. Look up Billy, he is all over the internet with his hate and has been involved as a high ranking member with a number of white supremists groups. I had a real nightmare on my hands getting my daughter OUT of their influence, which involved me becoming "aquainted" with the two above mentioned men. All of the white supremist groups they were involved with, including National Alliance, were strongly involved with Islamic terrorists groups and also provided donations of money to them. The leader of Britains BNP was found to have personal connections to the terrorists who bombed trains in Italy and Spain. They work on the premise that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Old 08-13-2010, 02:30 PM
R66

145 posts, read 419,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
I voted with my feet and left, many folks don't want to do that, they want to dig a deep rut and complain from the bottom of it.
I agree 100%. I voted with my feet and left LA with a U-Haul in tow in 1996 back to Florida. I drove back to LA as a feeler or vacation. I am undecided about staying. I can live almost anywhere with internet access. I might head back to Brazil, Florida or pass time in NorCal.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,962,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
California is a great state, but, for myself, I would not live in the Bay area or the SoCal mess. .
So, what part of CA do you live in? Doesn't every part of any one state suffer the same kind of economic and populations woes? Or are you in some kind of more protected area? Is is a north-south (within the state) thing?

Old 08-13-2010, 02:37 PM
R66

I heavily resent that some of you are calling me a Bigot. If you are, I challenge you to call me this in person ... in real time. I am currently working/living in Calabasas and every day at 10AM you will see me outside The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf working on my Laptop - located on Calabasas Road and Park Granada next door to Wells Fargo Bank.

FWIW: Since 1997 I have helped numerous blacks and newly arrived immigrants attain viable mortgages. I am directly involved in Animal Rescues in Cali - Colombia. I also indirectly fund a homeless children foundation in Sao Paulo - Brazil. I have helped more poor people than I can remember. I almost opted to co-own one of the largest homeless children shelters in Brazil. In 2003 I raised $10.000.00 for a motorcycle accident victim in Orange County, California - a wealthy Persian woman driving a new BMW SUV applying make-up rear ended my client. She spoke no English and was let off the hook. My client is now paralyzed from the waist down and completely broke living off his pension.

Last edited by R66; 08-13-2010 at 02:51 PM..

Old 08-13-2010, 02:48 PM
R66

To Gentoo and California Sur :

I am located at the above address in Calabasas. That said, I ask you to kindly stop making innuendos about my character or put your money where your mouth is call me to my face when you have posted here in this Thread.

Have a nice day all

Old 08-13-2010, 02:52 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,381,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R66 View Post
I agree 100%. I voted with my feet and left LA with a U-Haul in tow in 1996 back to Florida. I drove back to LA as a feeler or vacation. I am undecided about staying. I can live almost anywhere with internet access. I might head back to Brazil, Florida or pass time in NorCal.
Can we help you pack? Seriously, what you wrote is highly inappropriate and reveals a lot about you that many find disgusting. Please move ASAP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California