Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:20 AM

302 posts, read 862,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I didn't say you were cute.
and if you can't grok the fact that charles' inquiry was both rude and totally irrelevant then you are as dim and insensitive as he was for asking it.
Hey, hey, where's that zen-ness we all love about you? You two are starting to sound like me and Clarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 11:24 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,703,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw Sacramento View Post
Hey, hey, where's that zen-ness we all love about you? You two are starting to sound like me and Clarks.

sorry ... didn't mean to let you down.
i'm not immune to being bothered by numbskulls (or i should say, numbskull posts) and reacting.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:07 PM

7 posts, read 10,477 times
Default Movingon2010

Personally, I like and live in Oceanside CA, it's the northern part of San Diego County and it pretty affordable. The beach is very close and there are a variety of prices on rentals. If you don't care for the changes in seasons and like beautiful weather all year round, then S.D. is great. However, we hardly get rain. We can go about 8 months without rain. Neighborhoods are mixed. My husband and I are mixed and it seems to work out fine and our neibhorhood is really pretty awesome. We are close to every restaurant and all the shops you can think of, but then when at home it's very quiet and nice.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:03 PM

7 posts, read 10,477 times
I posted a reply but it got lost somewhere in cyperspace. Anyways I do not recommend moving to Orange County unless you have money. San Diego is very nice. I live in Oceanside CA which is northern part of San Diego County. It's a mixture of people and it's one of the most affordable in Southern California. The beach is close by and there are plenty of stores close also. Our weather is pretty much the same all year long (a little cooler in the winter, but not much). However, we do not get much rain. In fact we go about 8 months without rain. But in this area you can have snow 2 hours away and the beach close to home. I think it's a great place to live, and I moved here from back east.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM

7 posts, read 14,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOn2010 View Post
Hello,
I'm from VA and looking for a major change. Before we start I already know California isn't in the best shape at the moment but who is so no need for the discouragement. But if you have some positive helpful information I'd apprechiate it greatly.
Now where were we..oh yes I'm black (no steriotyping please I'm not looking for an mostly black neighborhood and yes I'm from the south). I'm a single mother of 1 elementary school aged child. I work in the salon industry. I'd prefer to live in a beachy subburb. I'd like a 2bedroom rental but can live with a studio if need be. I'm not looking for much at all as long as its safe and laid back. I am young but I don't fel the need to be in the middle of everything but please no small towns or open pastures either.
We just moved here (Carlsbad, CA) from Atlanta and we are sooo happy to be here. Carlsbad is in San Diego County and absolutely everything you could possibly want is close by. The climate is amazing and the scenery will take your breath away. The closer you try to live to the beach, the more it's gonna cost. But there's a variety of rental prices if you move inland a little.
Please don't get too caught up in the 'bad news'. You can create whatever you want if you put in the legwork and get out and meet people. I found work in the consulting field within 2 weeks of arrival. But I had to get out and meet people and make some connections. So far, I feel I'm in Heaven here. Prices are higher for lots of things, but my utility bills are dirt cheap. You don't need much air conditioning or heat! No plans to head back South for me. Good luck whatever you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California