Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 04:11 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times

Advertisements

How INTEReSTING!

I moved from Lake Arrowhead to Sacramento and LOVED it.

But I did move away I wish I could move back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 04:52 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
Well, regarding crime, Sacramento doesn't seem to be much worse than Cincinnati. In fact, with a couple of exceptions, Cincinnati is worse....

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

In fact, Cincinnati's a lot worse than Phoenix - THAT really surprised me. I guess I need to start doing more research for myself, instead of listening to everyone else. (No offense to anyone. Just thinking out loud. )

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 05:12 AM..

Old 05-25-2007, 05:10 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
In fact, why does everyone keep saying LA is such a high-crime area? Those statistics are based on the number of crimes per 100,000 people. So comparatively speaking, even though LA has higher numbers, if you brought it down to the size of Cincinnati, it would be a LOT safer place than Cincinnati. I'm astonished! Now I DEFINITELY want to get my patootie out of this backwards town.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:21 PM

38,892 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADRMNDANES View Post
Sac does have a very high crime rate. You couldn't pay me to live there again. Lots of traffic on every road & HWY. I lived in Sac for 10 years. I moved to a small town 30 minutes away (Granite Bay). No murders. We do have theft (cars & a couple of home invasions). We have 2 sex offenders that are reg. in this area. GB has really grown over the last 5 years. Tons of folks from the bay area and s. ca have moved here. We have lots of McMansions. There are only 3 bad areas in GB- 2 troubled trailer parks & one street with low rent 4 plexes. Home prices have gone through the roof. We are a block away from Folsom Lake. Only 1.5hr away from Tahoe. 2hrs from SF.
Now there are over 100+ foreclosures in this area.

You will have to deal with the horrible fog anywhere in the Valley.

We are looking at different areas in CA & Oregon, so can retire and have the kids finish school.

I like Northern CA far more then S. CA. Except for the Lake Arrowhead area. Seems like a nice area. I want to find more info on that area.

Roseville, Auburn, Loomis and Rocklin are all nice areas of N. CA.
No offense to any current Sacramento residents reading this, but I felt that Sacramento had a high crime rate for a city its size, too. I lived down the street from Eric Leonard AKA the "Thrill Killer", and near the liquor store where he allegedly killed those two people. I felt that I always had to look over my shoulder, especially at night. Once I got home from work, I basically just locked myself inside because I was afraid of going out at night. No one could pay me enough money to live in Sacramento again.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:59 AM

6 posts, read 18,086 times
Would be a great place to retire one would think. The great weather, the people and the cars! I LOVE HUMMERS!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California