Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 04:42 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Curmudgeon is another of those who complain about California, he moved to Missouri, so much better there, the high today in Bluesky? Low fifties, with rain, high temp predicted for Christmas? 28 degrees with snow. Here on Christmas? 61.
LOL! Just noticed this.

Actually, it was 18º here (felt like -1º) when I got up on Christmas morning and had snowed most of the night so we had a lovely white Christmas. It was made all the better by the sight of a beautiful, deep scarlet cardinal sitting out on the fresh snow under one of our trees.

By the way, Clarks, it's "Blue EYE, not Blue Sky although our sky is usually blue rather than brown and we've yet to see smog. There is lttle ambiant light at night so we can also see the stars clearly. It ain't balmy breezes at the beach but we'll take it; not that I don't sometimes miss those warmer days at the shore while growing up. I'd be lying if I said I didn't.

"So much better" depends upon what you want or are looking for. We're content here and after all, isn't that what's important? And for the record, although I love most Mexican food, you can have the cilantro! To each their own, in all things!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 04:51 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,521,589 times
28 and flurries there now.

A white Christmas is fine, after 40 of em' getting a massage outside on the porch of my house under a bright Blue Sky with hawks soaring overhead on Christmas day works for me.

23 and Snowing hard at our old house right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California