Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 07:45 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times

Advertisements

$1.3M should be enough to keep you away from most of the things you are trying to avoid, but $1.3M is also enough to get you near them.

See what you can find near each office in your price range, and come back to the thread to ask questions about particular areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 08:13 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,298,765 times
Here's the list of high ranking high schools from the California schools site.

California School Ratings, school profiles, test scores - Orange County

California School Ratings, school profiles, test scores - Los Angeles County

For Orange County I would look in the North Tustin areas of Lemon Heights or Cowan Heights. Example N. Tustin house. I would avoid Irvine because of the oppressive homeowners associations. Our friends lived there and they were told when to plant flowers and what kind. There are rules against car washing and opening your garage door. Irvine properties also have very small lot sizes even in the plus one million dollar price range.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:32 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA Kate View Post
I belief that every person is raised with certain morals and ideals, whatever they may be, that help shape and define who that person is or will become. Being "open minded" to me means "understanding" why people may act certain ways and do certain things differently, but with all do respect, that doesn't mean I have to forgo my own belief or "learn" to "accept" yours. I live by the "live and let live" mentality. I am not against hippies or the peoples republic of Berkeley and their liberal agenda I just dont want the protest, marijuana smoking, cocaine snorting in my backyard. I am not against homosexuals or their lewd conduct at the west hollywood park, I just dont want that scene in my backyard. Simple, leave and let leave. Once Berkeley and Westhollywood starts to spill into my backyard then that is when I will start to have a problem because now Berkeley and West Hollywood has undermine me and disrespected my boundaries.
O.K. ... i'm going to challenge you ma'am ... sorry that you're the recipient of my own attitudes toward the entitled, closed minded, fearful and rigidly self righteous.

You're quite deluded if you think you have a "live and let live" approach to life.
Are you serious?!
And you equate hippies and people with a "liberal agenda" with cocaine snorted in your back yard and think that gay people expressing their sexuality is lewd?
Sigh.

Another 10 points for the media.

And being open minded doesn't mean "understanding why people may act certain ways and do certain things" and from what i've read from you thus far, you don't seem to be someone who is in a position to understand the human plight and human behavior.
Being open minded means, in part, not having rigid (and judgmental) ideas about the lives of other people who are different than you.

"Once Berkeley and Westhollywood starts to spill into my backyard then that is when I will start to have a problem because now Berkeley and West Hollywood [You think they're one and the same? And do you realize what Berkley was and is about and what the Berkley you're so scared of has contributed to the world?] has undermine me and disrespected my boundaries."
Oh boy.
Yikes.
And it's not "your" backyard.
You're not even here and you're already expressing territorial / ownership and privileged and entitled and "gated" attitudes ... and you don't even have a clear overview of the state.
Your backyard is in Virginia .... stay there ... please.
The last thing California needs is more fear, bigotry and ignorance.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:54 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA Kate View Post
As far as my 11th grade son is concerned you folks have made valid points. My hubby and I have given it some thought and we will give him the option to stay at my sisters and let him finish high school in VA if that is what he wishes.
You are giving you 11th grader the choice of living with mom and dad and leaving all his friends behind or have his friends and not see mom and dad for months at a time. I guess my kids are young so I can't imagine doing that.
Here is another tidbit of information. There may not be school buses for your 8th grader. That is the case where I live so I am going to be a chauffeur for years to come.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:07 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Stick to South Orange County. You'll be far from Berkeley and West Hollywood and you'll live with a lot of other folk who share your values. Laguna Niguel sounds like the perfect spot.

Actually you should leave your son to finish out in NoVA. Orange County kids can be brutal to newcomers. Keep in mind though that the best university in the state happens to be in Berkeley (how ironic).

I'll second Snort's request for some Sonoma Red.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:10 PM

When did Berkeley move to Southern California?

Is 400 miles not far enough away?

Old 12-28-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
When did Berkeley move to Southern California?

Is 400 miles not far enough away?
Berkeley and West Hollywood used as code words. I think I caught her meaning.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Berkeley and West Hollywood used as code words. I think I caught her meaning.
Okay, no liberal academics/hippies or gays and strip clubs, got it.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Okay, no liberal academics/hippies or gays and strip clubs, got it.
Yup. South Orange County all the way. (but don't tell anyone - there's now a medical pot dispensary on Crown Valley Parkway).

Old 12-28-2009, 09:42 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Yup. South Orange County all the way. (but don't tell anyone - there's now a medical pot dispensary on Crown Valley Parkway).
omg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California