Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 PM

4 posts, read 7,288 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I'm currently in my 3rd year of a 4 year degree in Pharmacy, and after completing my course, am aiming to move over to California, as have nearly all family there and the weather there is a lot better than here!

I have researched this, and can't really find much on te actual role of a Pharmacist in Cali...that is to say from a consumers point of view... and realistically what salary could I expect? And after taxes etc what could I expect to take home?

How are pharmacists percieved in California (The whole of USA too?)
I have family who live in the Bay Area and would ultimately like to live there and work there... which areas of the Bay are recommended, taking into account cost of living, crime, schooling etc...

Also, how much are European cars costing over there? They are hella high here, for example a Mercedes S-Class starts roughly 50,000 sterling.... so any comparison would be appreciated!

Thanks for any help any one can give me!

A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 5,415 times
Good luck :-)

I'm from england also trying to find out how i can too move to USA!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:35 PM

268 posts, read 817,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishPharmacist View Post
Hey all,

I'm currently in my 3rd year of a 4 year degree in Pharmacy, and after completing my course, am aiming to move over to California, as have nearly all family there and the weather there is a lot better than here!

I have researched this, and can't really find much on te actual role of a Pharmacist in Cali...that is to say from a consumers point of view... and realistically what salary could I expect? And after taxes etc what could I expect to take home?

How are pharmacists percieved in California (The whole of USA too?)
I have family who live in the Bay Area and would ultimately like to live there and work there... which areas of the Bay are recommended, taking into account cost of living, crime, schooling etc...

Also, how much are European cars costing over there? They are hella high here, for example a Mercedes S-Class starts roughly 50,000 sterling.... so any comparison would be appreciated!

Thanks for any help any one can give me!

A
To me pharmacists are perceived as a professional. Most start work at those large drug stores like Longs, CVS, Walgreens, ect. I've noticed at my local drug stores a lot of the new pharmacists are from Australia.

If it was me I would stay the hell away from the big cities, to much crime and crap to put up with.

Right now with the California economy in the dump, all cars are cheap .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California