Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 PM

2 posts, read 6,386 times

Advertisements

OK, feeling dumb here, but the online unemployment application (eApply4UI) doesn't make a lot of sense to me regarding wages, and calling these people is a fool's errand. My understanding is that you calculate your highest-earning quarter for benefits, but there is nowhere on that form that it is clear where you put that.

Is this just an eligibility form, then you get specific as to your best quarter later on forms they mail you? Box 33d looks like total wages for the past 12 months, right?

I don't want to screw that up, but I want to apply ASAP. Does this initial form determine benefit amount, or just eligibility?

Thanks so much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 05:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,386 times
Anybody?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 PM

139 posts, read 832,280 times
I used to work at EDD. It is true they use your highest quarter (which starts - most likely - 5 quarters ago.. although the law has recently changed). They have all the information on your wages already in their systems...

You shouldnt be worrying about what you salary was for a particular quarter. That question doesnt even come up. The forms they send you dont even ask wage information (just verification of your job search, etc).

The intial form determines everything.. but if you mess up or dont get what you deserve you can appeal. Maximum award is $450 per week.

Honestly, dont worry about it.. it is designed so pretty much everyone is capable of filling it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California