Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:03 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,522,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Too many people, laws and buildings. CA is also very liberal except for some of the farming areas in the Northern part, and I'm farthest from liberal as you could get so that doens't really work out either.
Half the state is by law uninhabited, much of the rest is large ranches and farms, the amount of land that is actually full of people is quite small, not nearly as large as many states.

Much of the state is conservative, the urban areas tend Democratic, but much of the state is rural and Conservative, which is really too bad, since Conservatives have never done anything for the state or country.

Quote:
I'd rather live Southern Illinois or somewhere in the South. I just prefer more country.
This poster just does not get out, you could drop rural Illinois into rural California, and lose it.

People who voice this sort of complaining, will complain, that is their raison d existence.

They are wrong, very wrong, but will never see that.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:22 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,522,060 times
Sheez Coyote, you are such a liberal. I don't care if a person is stuck in prison for a crime they did not commit, it is unmanly to whine, *****, moan and complain.

Nobody is stuck, you fill your gas tank, drive till you run out, get a job, fill it. I have no pity, no compassion, no sympathy for people who live unhappy lives, screw em, They should get off their fat asses and do something.

If he wants southern Illinois, that is fine with me, but don't complain about how bad where you are is, big baby.

If someone wants to say why they don't like a place, that is fine with me, if they know what the heck they are talking about, this poor sap doesn't, his post was full of false bs.

That you stick up for a whining complainer is telling, and sad.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,888 times
A couple of years ago hubby and I thought that our nice rural area was changing for the worst and decided to take a road trip and find someplace better.... There is no place better than California, my opinion. The weather is fantastic! Yeah, its expensive to live here, yes the politics lean towards liberal, we have droughts, and a crazy government that wants to tax us to death... but seriously, it is paradise! The occasional earthquake here and there, but no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no baseball sized hail, beautiful beaches, gorgeous mountains, friendly people for the most part... We came back from our little road trip and decided that we are damn lucky to live here :-) So, in answer to the original question... yes, there are people who are truly happy living in California with what we have

Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 PM

276 posts, read 747,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Some people are not able to move for a variety of reasons ... often financial.
To not understand that and to have no compassion for those who are stuck (for whatever reason(s)) and are simply not able to move is just lame.
If you haven't walked in someone else's shoes, it's ignorant and arrogant to judge.
And someone has expressed a number of times that he'd rather be in Nevada but that he stays in CA due to family reasons.
It's just that he happens to have the good fortune to be in a place that he loves enough.
Years ago i knew i needed to make a major move and it took eight years before i was able to do so.
In the mean time before one is able to move, if one is aware and honest enough to express ones upset at where one finds oneself, that's o.k..
And the o.p. who would rather be in Southern Illinois didn't post a nasty rant but just a simple expression of why he doesn't like CA and why he'd rather be in Illinois.
More power to him and i hope he finds his way "home" sooner than later.
As one of those unfortunates who is somewhere they do not want to be (stuck for various reasons) and you know a bit about it! I couldn't agree with you more...it's absolutely small minded to judge another's self expression especially when doing so in such a harmless form!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Sheez Coyote, you are such a liberal. I don't care if a person is stuck in prison for a crime they did not commit, it is unmanly to whine, *****, moan and complain.

Nobody is stuck, you fill your gas tank, drive till you run out, get a job, fill it. I have no pity, no compassion, no sympathy for people who live unhappy lives, screw em, They should get off their fat asses and do something.

If he wants southern Illinois, that is fine with me, but don't complain about how bad where you are is, big baby.

If someone wants to say why they don't like a place, that is fine with me, if they know what the heck they are talking about, this poor sap doesn't, his post was full of false bs.

That you stick up for a whining complainer is telling, and sad.
I know nothing of California...however I do know that people's perceptions are as individual as the person and you have your right to disagree with anyone but...please refrain from the name calling and rude remarks with regard to personality...this person was merely stating his/her perception and feeling and did it without taking shots at YOU!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnR View Post
A couple of years ago hubby and I thought that our nice rural area was changing for the worst and decided to take a road trip and find someplace better.... There is no place better than California, my opinion. The weather is fantastic! Yeah, its expensive to live here, yes the politics lean towards liberal, we have droughts, and a crazy government that wants to tax us to death... but seriously, it is paradise! The occasional earthquake here and there, but no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no baseball sized hail, beautiful beaches, gorgeous mountains, friendly people for the most part... We came back from our little road trip and decided that we are damn lucky to live here :-) So, in answer to the original question... yes, there are people who are truly happy living in California with what we have

Thanks for posting, sometimes we don't know what we have until we search elsewhere and other times we know what we need and have to move forward and on.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Some people are not able to move for a variety of reasons ... often financial.
To not understand that and to have no compassion for those who are stuck (for whatever reason(s)) and are simply not able to move is just lame.
If you haven't walked in someone else's shoes, it's ignorant and arrogant to judge.
And someone has expressed a number of times that he'd rather be in Nevada but that he stays in CA due to family reasons.
It's just that he happens to have the good fortune to be in a place that he loves enough.
Years ago i knew i needed to make a major move and it took eight years before i was able to do so.
In the mean time before one is able to move, if one is aware and honest enough to express ones upset at where one finds oneself, that's o.k..
And the o.p. who would rather be in Southern Illinois didn't post a nasty rant but just a simple expression of why he doesn't like CA and why he'd rather be in Illinois.
More power to him and i hope he finds his way "home" sooner than later.
Nice post. There are alot of people on here that don't know what they're talking about and are harsh with their critcism.

To compare rural Illinios to rural Ca. is laughable, not too many people want to live in rural Ca. (IE the desert). LOL. Yeah the Mojave is allsome!!! San Joaquin Valley!! Count me in!!! Rural Illinois is beautiful, much of rural Ca, not so much.

Sure I'd take a ranch in Santa Ynez, just not realistic for me.

I wasn't happy in CA (the "nice" "rural", coastal part), 27 years was enough for me, just glad I was there for the good years, I took the money and ran!! LOL.

You all can keep it. I'm nevergoingback. I enjoy living in Green Country. Yep, I'm craaaazy!!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 PM

185 posts, read 399,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Nice post. There are alot of people on here that don't know what they're talking about and are harsh with their critcism.

To compare rural Illinios to rural Ca. is laughable, not too many people want to live in rural Ca. (IE the desert). LOL. Yeah the Mojave is allsome!!! San Joaquin Valley!! Count me in!!! Rural Illinois is beautiful, much of rural Ca, not so much.

Sure I'd take a ranch in Santa Ynez, just not realistic for me.

I wasn't happy in CA (the "nice" "rural", coastal part), 27 years was enough for me, just glad I was there for the good years, I took the money and ran!! LOL.

You all can keep it. I'm nevergoingback. I enjoy living in Green Country. Yep, I'm craaaazy!!
I agree! I don't care how many times Southern Illinois is smaller then CA, I'd take Shawnee National Forest over some (in my opinion) scrub, desert land. But that's all opinion, some like desert...some..

Old 01-25-2010, 09:15 PM

491 posts, read 1,261,669 times
I was really happy in CA until I got my pay cut 15% by the state and now it's not so much fun anymore. I really like the weather and all that there is to do, but it's no fun when you have to try and make it through the month and figure out how to buy groceries the last week before payday.

Stuff happens that can change your joy to not so joyful overnight. Sometimes it's money, sometimes it's health issues. Sometimes the problems can't be solved by packing it up and moving to another state, especially in this economy.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:22 PM

185 posts, read 399,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Half the state is by law uninhabited, much of the rest is large ranches and farms, the amount of land that is actually full of people is quite small, not nearly as large as many states.

Much of the state is conservative, the urban areas tend Democratic, but much of the state is rural and Conservative, which is really too bad, since Conservatives have never done anything for the state or country.

This poster just does not get out, you could drop rural Illinois into rural California, and lose it.

People who voice this sort of complaining, will complain, that is their raison d existence.

They are wrong, very wrong, but will never see that.

Yeah..I said northern CA wasn't too much liberal...I live in San Diego and trust me it's far from anything conservative or anything rural that's worth while. If you like being an American while being a minority at the same time then cool. If you enjoy illegal mexicans over crowding our prisons while taking majority of the jobs then cool. Also some cannot just fill up their gas tank anytime and except to make it half way across America without experiencing some financial problems. I'm 18 years old, but I think you need to grow up and stop acting like you're superior to everyone else that has their own opinions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California