Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:20 AM

364 posts, read 611,066 times

Advertisements

Yes lemmings are a distant cousin. But lemmings only engage in mass drownings occasionally while sheeple can be depended upon to act against their welfare on a daily basis.

Mussolini would love Californians' sheeple attitude. Makes it so easy to strip away their freedoms one little piece at a time. The CA legislature passes 1000 new laws every year. Many of them silly laws like this cell phone nonsense.

Particularly distressing are those sheeple who will honk or call 911 to rat on their neighbor talking on a cell phone. The govenrment can depend on their support no matter how stupid or onerous the new law. Sad to see people so willing to cooperate while they loose their freedoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 10:17 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,144 times
No, I don't. I was hit a few years ago by a young woman talking on the cell phone. She looked away because she dropped it, and totalled my truck, and 2 cars in front of me.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:21 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
No, my wife and I made an agreement to call twice if it is an emergency.

So if we are on the road and see each other call twice we pull over and take the call.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:10 AM

328 posts, read 306,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
No, and when I see someone yakking on a phone while driving I make a point of honking at them. I may start carrying a "HANG UP" sign. Idiots.
That's a great way to get shot.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:25 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,138,164 times
I talk all the time. But I use my new kickass bluetooth, voice commands all day. So no fumbling with the phone while driving.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shope View Post
Yeah, the legislature can't balance a budget but they can pass nanny laws like no talking on the phone and no using trans fats. Amazing!
Shope, I do agree with you on the legislature. My thought was that we do have this law and plenty of jourisdicitons are waiting to stick it to us.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shope View Post
I talk on mine all the time w/o a bluetooth. Just another one of Cali's nanny laws that most people just ignore.
Unbelievable. Obviously they need to hike the cost of the ticket for this offense since at the present cost, it obviously makes no difference to some.

Including Maria. And I like Maria.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
My thought is that we have laws that have no business being on the books. Why do they choose to pick on cell phone use? So many other things that are as distracting and we have no laws against them while driving. Any laws on applying makeup while driving? Any laws on changing CD's while driving? How about when you just want to put another CD in and you have to flip through your CD case to get to the right disk? Any laws on eating or drinking while driving? I have heard of people causing accidents from spilling coffey in the car while driving. Are they going to outlaw drinking coffey in the car? I don't drink or eat in my car. I like my car too much to do that. I don't wear makeup but have seen many women applying the stuff while driving. maybe their are laws about those things and I am missing them because the focus is on cell phone use. I for one think that we are overregulated and over "lawed" if that is a correct use of the word. I also think that people need to take responsibility for operating a car ot truck, or anything else that moves.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 AM

426 posts, read 791,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
My thought is that we have laws that have no business being on the books. Why do they choose to pick on cell phone use? So many other things that are as distracting and we have no laws against them while driving. Any laws on applying makeup while driving? Any laws on changing CD's while driving? How about when you just want to put another CD in and you have to flip through your CD case to get to the right disk? Any laws on eating or drinking while driving? I have heard of people causing accidents from spilling coffey in the car while driving. Are they going to outlaw drinking coffey in the car? I don't drink or eat in my car. I like my car too much to do that. I don't wear makeup but have seen many women applying the stuff while driving. maybe their are laws about those things and I am missing them because the focus is on cell phone use. I for one think that we are overregulated and over "lawed" if that is a correct use of the word. I also think that people need to take responsibility for operating a car ot truck, or anything else that moves.
That still doesn't make using the cell phone while driving right. And those that put on make up while the car is moving is just as stupid. The mascara wand hitting your eyeball is no fun and is still just as dangerous when applying it just standing in front of the mirror let alone a moving vehicle.
Just seems more and more people in today's society could care less about others. Its a me, me, me society, and it's quite sad!

Old 01-28-2010, 11:56 AM

75 posts, read 592,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
By your logic, there should be no laws at all. Why even have a speed limit? We should each be responsible enough right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California