Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 08:08 PM

4 posts, read 24,428 times

Advertisements

Thanks to the people that responded to my earlier question.
It helped me a lot. I'm leaning towards going to school in Eureka at College of the Redwoods.

Unfortunately, I just found this article in the North Coast Journal written by Heidi Walters called, "Panic Attack"

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/010407/cover0104.html

I'm not sure how much of it is true but after reading the article, I got the sense that the college was in big trouble.

Is anyone in the Humbolt area and could tell me if the college is in trouble?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californian1979 View Post
Thanks to the people that responded to my earlier question.
It helped me a lot. I'm leaning towards going to school in Eureka at College of the Redwoods.

Unfortunately, I just found this article in the North Coast Journal written by Heidi Walters called, "Panic Attack"

North Coast Journal January 4, 2007 : ON THE COVER : Panic Attack

I'm not sure how much of it is true but after reading the article, I got the sense that the college was in big trouble.

Is anyone in the Humbolt area and could tell me if the college is in trouble?

The colleges here in Humboldt are in trouble, seriously mismanaged and under budget. I've read that article and it's all true.

This whole area is in trouble though. The economy is really depressed. The cost of living is almost the same as a place like Portland, Oregon even though we're in the middle of nowhere. The skyrocketing cost of living is the worst part. It's creating lots more crime, desperation and bad vibes in general.

Although people here are friendly and kind. They are also very closed off and uptight in an odd sort of way. Kinda off topic but I had to throw it in there.

But hey. It's BEAUTIFUL here and there are a lot of perks to living here. Ten years ago this place was absolutely amazing, and it still is, but it's in a fast decline.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM

4 posts, read 24,428 times
i'm sorry to hear that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California