Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 12:42 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times

Advertisements

Hey all. My family and I are moving out of Southern Calif, after 43 years. We are moving to New England. We are very excited about this move. I have lived in So Cal in my one town my whole life, with the exception of 1 year in Iceland. I am not going to "bash" Calif, as it holds many special memories for me. But sometimes people need a change of life, and this is the time for my family and me to do it. My girls have their colleges all picked out, in Oct we will be going out there to find a home. I have to tell you, the people that I have spoken to, have been so friendly and accomodating. Am I sad about moving? Yes and no. There are so many things that have changed here, and not all for the best. But like I said no bashing. It just doesnt feel like home to me anymore. We are looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:46 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Hey all. My family and I are moving out of Southern Calif, after 43 years. We are moving to New England. We are very excited about this move. I have lived in So Cal in my one town my whole life, with the exception of 1 year in Iceland. I am not going to "bash" Calif, as it holds many special memories for me. But sometimes people need a change of life, and this is the time for my family and me to do it. My girls have their colleges all picked out, in Oct we will be going out there to find a home. I have to tell you, the people that I have spoken to, have been so friendly and accomodating. Am I sad about moving? Yes and no. There are so many things that have changed here, and not all for the best. But like I said no bashing. It just doesnt feel like home to me anymore. We are looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.
Good luck with your move

Old 06-20-2007, 01:04 PM

23 posts, read 102,334 times
Thumbs up Have you considered CA's central coast?

We live in a little coastal town of Los Osos. This is probably the last "affordable" town on the CA coast. We have sand dunes, an estuary, a view of Morro Rock, monarch butterflies, and weather in the 60's to 70's year round. Home prices have dropped and compared to other places with ocean views in CA, are reasonable. This town of about 15,000 is close to San Luis Obispo ranked by CNN Money as in the top 10 places to buy now. Come check it out!
Susie

Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Welcome to New England! Attending college in the fall is probably the absolutely happiest way to start life here. Fall is just perfect in every way, and certainly the colleges are starting afresh for the new semester. I hope you're all very happy here. (I'm 25 miles northwest of Harvard. After leaving the city some 15 years ago, I still think in terms of how far I am from Cambridge).

Old 06-20-2007, 06:15 PM

110 posts, read 780,195 times
But in Los Osos you still have the problem with the sewers, right? I wouldn't want to buy there.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
Good luck with your move
Thank you so much We are really looking forward to it.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;919502
Welcome to New England! Attending college in the fall is probably the absolutely happiest way to start life here. Fall is just perfect in every way, and certainly the colleges are starting afresh for the new semester. I hope you're all very happy here. (I'm 25 miles northwest of Harvard. After leaving the city some 15 years ago, I still think in terms of how far I am from Cambridge).
Thank you brightdoglover! I cant wait to get out there. My daughter has 2 different colleges she is looking into right now. When we are out there in Oct, to look for homes, we will check out the schools. She wont make the fall semester, but we are hoping for the winter semester.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:23 PM

11 posts, read 47,862 times
Red face why we're leaving so cal

We live in San Diego and are hoping to move at the end of the summer to Washington. We have 3 kids and feel that there are better places for them. The usual complaints are the expense here, schools, illegals, etc. but we just feel we can give them a better quality of life someplace else. It isn't an easy decision, most of our family is here but we feel that we need to do it. Buying a house here now is ridiculous, even with the housing slump and we can get a bigger house for less money in Washington. We are excited and personally I am ready for more seasons than warm, warmer and hot.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:35 PM

62 posts, read 291,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post

I like your attitude so much I'm gonna adopt it.

I had some pretty nasty things to say about my 7 years in OC and I let it all out in some other threads. I guess I did bash a little but I also wanted other people to know certain things about OC that they otherwise might never know about.
Anyway, I feel I said everything I had to say on the topic and from now on I'll just live & let live. Thanks

Old 06-20-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Monella View Post
I like your attitude so much I'm gonna adopt it.

I had some pretty nasty things to say about my 7 years in OC and I let it all out in some other threads. I guess I did bash a little but I also wanted other people to know certain things about OC that they otherwise might never know about.
Anyway, I feel I said everything I had to say on the topic and from now on I'll just live & let live. Thanks
Your welcome and trust me, I sure could do some bashing about my city. LOL but why do that to myself? Like I said, I have some wonderful memories, and now I want a wonderful future, but in a different place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California